Thread: new member

Thanks

Default new member

Hi everyone I'm Beth and just joined this support group, needed to something and they don't have a local one around here so thought I would give this a whirl! I'm 33 years old, married second time I have a 10 year old daughter and a 14 year old step son. I was diagnosed with systemtic lupus 12 years ago and since that time I have had the following added to my list, please excuse the spelling, I'm horrible at it! : ) Fibromylgia, rhanayds, sordjens, irritable bowel, high blood pressure and of course the wonderful fatigue that comes along with this wonderful disease.

My lupus and other illness where for the most part very managable, I always considered myself to be a lucky one and that streak ended a few months ago, I started having a horrible cough fractured ribs from coughing so vilently I have been sick now for going on 5 months have seen my rhyme about 3 times a family doc about 6 and a pulmanary specialst once who ordered a whole battery of tests and so far they can"t find a reason or a cause for the cough and as of now the are just giving my codine cough medicine to try to make it better. It's gotten to the point where I have lost my job and I am the sickest I have ever been in my life, I sleep the average of 2 hours a night and maybe an hour or 2 duiring the day. I'm going stir crazy because I can't work which means I don't get to see people talk to people ect. So basically if anyone out there has ever had a problem with coughing related to there illness I would love to hear how the stopped yours and if anyone in general want to have a person to write back and forth to I'm here! Take care everyone!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default new member

Sonargl
    Please read the response to Dexatek regarding Pleurisy. Perhaps that is what you are dealing with???
    Saysusie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default new member

Hi Sonargl;
    Welcome to our site. I, personally, have not had the type of cought that you describe. However, I am familiar with all of your other symptoms. I know that some medications can cause a dry, non-productive (no phlegm) cough. Has your doctor considered some of your meds?
    Lupus can be lonely just for the reasons that you have stated - always alone 'cuz we're too sick to work and too fatigued to go out and enjoy ourselves. You can write to us at any time, someone is always here.
    Hopefully, someone will have an answer to your questions. If not, I will try to research for you. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
    Saysusie