Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Thanks

Default Newbie

Hi- I'm Day from New York. Got diagnosed about two weeks ago. I am 21 years old && wanted to see what everyone else says about Lupus & how everyone copes... it's been very hard.

Thanks

Hi Day,

Welcome to this great forum, it is very informative, especially to a new lupie. It is hard to deal with this diagnosis at first, but after a while you learn how to deal with it. So if you have any questions just go ahead and ask.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to the site!
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis BUT the good news is that you have come to the right site to vent, find compassion, understanding and receive answers. Since joining I have made several cyber friends that know exactly how I feel/think and the emotional as well as physical aspects of Lupus that my friends and family do not understand as supportive and empathetic as they are. Very comforting. I hope you find the same here.

Thanks

Thank you for the encouragement. I have a feeling you all will help me a lot.

Thanks

Default Hello Day

Sorry for your diagnosis, but glad you found us. You will find that this is a wonderful site for support, humor, friendship, a shoulder to cry on (or whine, if need be). We also have an arcade, which can be fun and also quite competitive! There are social groups, etc., plus lots of information to help you learn and understand this disease. Knowledge is power. Learn as much as you can and ask any question that comes to mind. Someone here is always willing to lend an ear and some advice.

Wishing you well,

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi day,

welcome to the greatest group of people that i have ever "kinda" met.

You are going through a very scary part of this diagnostic process. Please browse around some of the threads, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask....someone is always here and ready to help.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi there Day!

I'm Carrie...and I have systemic lupus. I won't lie to you and tell you it's a cake walk...a lot of times it sucks beyond repair. That said, getting a positive diagnosis is one of the hardest things, so you're already over hurdle one! The next thing is finding what works for you. You can see in the "Newly Diagnosed" forum, there is everything from soup to nuts about Lupus. "Lauri's Lounge" has lots of info as well about living with the disease. Everyone is different, even though we have the same diagnosis...so again, find what works for you. You can make dietary changes, take supplements (which I have done, and it works wonders), exercise, reduce stress, and take care of your body as well as you can. Some days, it will be okay...and some, you can barely get out of bed. Good news is, we are here regardless...and always willing to lend an ear, advice, prayer, or anything else we can.

Great to meet you...looking forward to getting to know you better!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

Hi I am in New York also near Watertown ...how about you ?

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

[url]www.MilkMadeSoapsandLotions.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Day! I live in NY too on LI. What part are you in? I've been dealing with Lupus symptoms for about 10 years (now I am 31) but it wasn't until the last 2 years that I had even heard of Lupus or even till the last year that I was convinced that this is really what I have. Like Carrie said, it is not a cake walk. For me, it has been a long, confusing, tiring road filled with lots of random episodes of unwell for periods of time (some much longer then others). Sometimes I think it would have been easier had a I been diagnosed 10 years ago, but then again, maybe not. For the most part, this has not stopped me from doing the things I love the most (traveling, dancing, walking, etc). Like all the others said, this is a wonderful place to be for support, knowledge and venting.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I am on Long Island. Which part are you from?