Thread: What to expect on 1st visit w/rhumetologist?

Thanks

Default What to expect on 1st visit w/rhumetologist?

Hi everyone,
    I need some insight. What should I expect in regards to my 1st appt. Will I get blood/urine results back tomorrow. The doctor is in a hospital. What should I bring with me? Will I get a possible diagnosis?

Thanks for reading.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It takes a while for lupus to absolutely be diagnosed since there isn't really one specific test or symptom that proves it one way or another. Take a list of all your symptoms and about when they happened, big or small. It took a few days to get my results back and they didn't tell me the results until my two week follow up. If you truly think something is wrong, don't let them tell you you're fine. If you don't trust your doctor or don't like him or her, don't be afraid to find another one. If you have a follow up appointment, start keeping a journal of what happened when, i.e. hive break out on 6/29, knee pain on 6/30. This helps the diagnosis. I'm sure others will have more for you later, best of luck. Thoughts and prayers always.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

Hi Lisa....I am Oluwa...welcome...hugs.

Here is excellent info on how to prepare for an appointment..

Follow the yellow brick road.. http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...03&z=35&page=1

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Default Hi Lisa

Welcome. How did the appointment go?

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

My appointment is not until tomorrow. Thank you for asking. I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lisa,

welcome to the family....good luck with your drs. appointment tomorrow. Yes, you will probably give urine and blood samples. The blood work takes a while to come back, so you will probably get those results on a follow-up appointment.

You should definitely make a list of symptoms, and remember to include symptoms that you have had in the past, many symptoms come and go, and move around the body. Make a copy for you dr. to put into his files, and hopefully this will help in the diagnostic process.

good luck, and let us know how your appt.. goes.
    Phyllis

share a smile today