Thread: Newbie from Mass

Thanks

Default Newbie from Mass

Hi, My name is Lisa. I found this website accidentally. I have a wonderful husband and a wonderful daughter. We are also in the process of adopting a son. We do foster care and currently we have a newborn for the next week. I saw my primary care doctor and had some bloodword done because I had joint pain and was always tired due to anemia. At first we thought that it may be arthritis. My labs came back. My ANA was positive and the titer came back 1.8. My pain in my left wrist/hand has gotton worse. Tomorrow is my appt with the rhumatologist. I am a little bit nervous. I am trying to prepare for tomorrow. I know that I don't have a diagnosis however it would explain the rashes on my thighs, being tired, knees hurting, and tremors in my legs amonst others. Don't know what to expect tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Lisa

Thanks

Good luck and just know you can LIVE with lupus . The only thing I knew when the told me I had IT was that a girl on the soaps died from Lupus.

Fingers crossed for good news !

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

[url]www.MilkMadeSoapsandLotions.com

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Lisa,

I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus five years ago. I read your profile and I see you are from Massachusetts, and you like sailing. I live just up the road in Maine, and sailing is something I love too.

Many of us have been where you are now. In most cases, Lupus is hard to diagnose, and it can take some time. Don't be afraid to be persistent with your Dr./Rheumo, and trust what your body is telling you. You believe there is something going on with your health, and you need to find out what's going on so you can get working on treating the problem.

It would not hurt to have a list of your symptoms written down in journal form to take to your various appointments. Also, it can really help to take a trusted friend or loved one to your appointments, especially the first ones. Just know that if you do have Lupus, it's by no means the end. Lupus can be managed, and lived with. People can not only survive, they can thrive and live a fulfilling life depite the disease. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and welcome you to our group!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the site, best of luck to you tomorrow! Thoughts and prayers always.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lisa,

welcome to our family.....every one here remembers the days of diagnosis and what we experienced....it is such a frightening time, and rightfully so. Rob gave you great advice (he is one of our moderators and is quite the entertainer). Make a list of symptoms, present and past, and take a copy for your dr. Also, like rob said, it is helpful to have someone with you who can take notes, or help you remember things that have been happening with your body. Lupus is not easy to diagnos, so anything that we can remember will help the dr.

Good luck tomorrow, and please let us know how it goes.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lisa;
    Welcome to our family. You've already been welcomed and given great advice by some of our members. As Rob mentioned, many of us have been where you are, without a diagnosis but suffering from numerous symptoms.
    You may very well be diagnosed with some form of auto-immune disorder, there are so many of them and their symptoms are so similar. Regardless of your diagnosis (or lack of diagnosis), we are here to help you in any way that we can. I am glad that you found us, even accidentally

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Lisa! You think you found us by accident...but it was no accident. Everything happens for a reason!! I'm Carrie...eternal optimist, mother, wife, and systemic lupus patient. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine did...but please please please keep in mind that autoimmune diseases can take a LONG time to diagnose properly. Heck, my lupus titers didn't show up for 16 YEARS!! Listen to your body...I knew something was wrong, so I never gave up, and never backed down. Regardless of your diagnosis or what the rheumy says tomorrow, YOU are YOU...you are not your disease. You can do this...and we're here to help!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lisa!
    Like you, I am undiagnosed, and suffer from multiple autoimmune symptoms that seem to best be described by Lupus. Like you I also found this site by "accident" but I really think it was the work of angels. :angel: Welcome! This site is really filled with wonderful people. I see that you wrote this thread yesterday. How did your dr appt going?
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome.Yes how did your appointment go...good? And how lovely, a newborn for a week and you foster how amazing you are.Even though you are sick you are helping children have a good start in life.Well done.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx