Thread: What has worked for me

Thanks

Default What has worked for me

OK I am not newly diganosed but when I was it took several years for me to figure some things out.

1. Cow dairy products killed me . I went to raw goats milk & raw kefir ...stomach problems gone .

2. we started growing and raising much of what we eat . Not having all those nasty chemicals make a difference.

3. Take garlic every day along with b complex.If you feel a cold coming on take garlic several times a day.

Before raw milk , kefir & garlic I would get sick at least 3 times a winter were I would take 3 rounds of antibiotics just to get well . After starting the above I went 5 years with no antibiotics or even a cold to speak of. This winter I slacked off and am still paying for it now .

This is just food for thought .

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

[url]www.MilkMadeSoapsandLotions.com

Thanks

I also have a lot of problems with dairy. I have actually eliminated it all. Any type of dairy products and I am in horrible pain. I have also had to cut out anything really processed. We even make our own salsa in my own home because of the preservatives used to make food last on the shelves. It amazes me how much food can affect our health and especially us with compromised immune systems! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i don't have a problem with diary, but i have definitely cut out processed foods and any added preservatives.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum Patty, nice to meet you. Hi Danica! {MountainDreamer} : )

What works for me is high percentage of organic raw and vegan. I can do goat yogurt and occasional high quality Pacific wild red sockeye salmon. I've been fighting lupus and other problems 25 years, when I go off my diet I have immediate repercussions. But we are all different and have to experiment with what works for us.

I use the process of elimination.

Just heard Michael Jackson had lupus thus some of the skin problems...RIP
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Thanks

Look into the benifits of kefir or kombucca {spelling} for those of you with stomach problems . It can really help . Both are also suppose to boost your immune system .

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

Thanks

We also use less chemicals around the house . Mainly just bleach and vinegar now .

For soap , shampoo and lotions I use my goats milk products . I even use bar soap on my hair . Soap & shampoo with only 3 ingredients

Patty

Thanks

Interesting thread about the diet. I'm glad you started it Patty, because I saw some advertising on this page about a Lupus diet and I never considered my diet as a contributor or even as a healer. I will continue to read up on different diets that can aid with this "auto stuff".

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Patty, I am glad you started this thread. I am lactose intolerant and have found that reducing/eliminating dairy is helpful (although I will pop a lactaid and cheat every now and again when I really crave it). I no longer like red meat or pork the way I once did and find that if I eat any meat, it is usually chicken now. Fish, especially salmon, seems to make me feel better along with whole grains and lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I want to start juicing, but haven't had the time/money to get into it yet. My chiropractor has been urging me to stick to the 80/20 diet and although I am not at 80 yet, I am finding that this approach has done wonders for me. Accidopholus (which I get from yogurt) is wonderful on a bad tummy day and has become a daily addition to my diet. Ayahsclan, I also find there are reprecussions if I go astray and have begun to include more raw into my diet. For breakfast, I usually make oatmeal (not instant) with ground flax seed and cinnamon and whatever toppings I like. Today was a 1/4 cup of craisens, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and 1/4 cup crushed walnuts. That tends to hold me over till lunch. I also have reduced my caffiene intake and now drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, where as I used to drink a cup an hour. There are so many good books out there to learn more about good foods for immunity. Right now I am reading The Cancer Battle Plan to learn more about the 80/20 diet. I am also learning to include more superfoods into my diet and that has helped. Processed foods no longer appeal to me when I am shopping (this from someone who once was able to polish off a bag of Doritos with no problems). Crackers, sugar cereals, frozen food entrees all seem nasty to me now. Spanglishgirl, I am realizing now that when my grandmother said 'You are what you eat' she was wise beyond her years. I am seeing more and more that food, all natural home made food, is really better then some designer medicines for me.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.