Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from NNY

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Patty-always welcome here. There's plenty of support on here through the good and the bad. It's the only place I can get away to that I know I have support all the time. Looking forward to more posts from you! Sounds like you have a huge family! I'm so jealous, I'd love to live on a farm but I think I've been spoiled by the big city life. I do want some paint horses when I save enough to buy some property though. Anyway, welcome to the forum!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

Default Hi Patty

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have your hands full. My husband and I also have four kids, 4 dogs, 6 horses (2 Quarter horses, 2 Saddlebreds) etc. etc....so I can relate to the full plate. You are among friends here. Glad you found us.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi patty,

welcome to the family....as you can already see, this is the place to find answers to questions, and compassion for the soul.

sorry your symptoms are picking on you right now, and i hope you get some relief. Have you called your dr. to report these changes? Are you on and lupus treatment medications?

Your life sounds like a busy one....i am glad you have a family who is trying to understand what is happening to you, and i am glad. But, you are right, there is no way for others to completely understand. Thank goodness we have each other here at WHL.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Patty! Your farm sounds so cool!!! I love animals.

Just remember...people fear that which they do not understand. Make it your business to educate your family about the disease...but still expect some indifference. My own husband can't seem to wrap his head around Lupus, no matter how many times I talk to him about it, or how many times he talks to my rheumatologist. I just have accepted that it is his perogative to feel how he wants to feel...but he's still supportive. I hope your family is, too. Either way, we're here always and ALWAYS willing to help!! Great to have you on board!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

I have been medication free for 5 years after many years of all the common medications.

I credit it to the courts good judgement of taking my x's rights to the children away . My new Hubby of many years being the great guy he is , changing my diet to eating 80-90 % of what we grow here on the farm , raw milk & garlic.

I am affraid I may have to go on medication again . But hopefully not for long .

Thanks again everyone.

Patty
    Check out my web site for handmade Goats Milk Soaps & Lotions. We also raise Icelandic Sheep & Angora Bunnies

[url]www.MilkMadeSoapsandLotions.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi patty,

how wonderful for you and your children, as well as your husband....sounds like you have a great life with a caring family. Hopefully getting the stress of the situation with your children and your x has reduced your stress level and will help with the lupus symptoms.

i am wondering if maybe your lupus was in remission for a period of time. We have other members who have enjoyed years of remission. If so, i certainly hope that if you do have to go back on the meds, that it will be temporary and you will be able to come off again.

i do believe that speaking with your dr. before the (possible) flare gets worse will work to your advantage. If they can give you something to knock out the flare, then maybe your system can stay calm....i don't know, but i do know that i often wish i had called my dr. before things got so bad.

So glad you found us, it sure helps me talking with people who truly understand.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome from SNY (LI)! This site is awesome. Everyone on here is full of experience, advice, support and love. Welcome!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am just returning from vacation and am, therefore, late in welcoming you. I just wanted to make sure that I added my welcome to those you've already received! Welcome again

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!