Thread: new member

Thanks

Default new member

hi my name is christina , found out about lupus about 2 years ago started as discoid and apparently now is systemic . i have 2 beautiful daughters a wonderful family. guess thats it for an intro. its kinda weird never been on chat board so please excuse my inexperience.

Thanks

Hi Christina and welcome. You did real good for your first time, it looks like you know what you are doing. If you have any questions, just fire away, you will always find open ears around here.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi christina, welcome! don't worry about being new to chatboards. this board is very user friendly and filled with lots of people who can answer any questions you have about how to use it.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome Chrissy and dont worry...we are all friendly here and will be here for you.When you are ready ask us anything.What one member doesnt know another will.They are so knowledgeable here.So glad you have a lovely family around you.
    We also have fun too.Click on community then social....you'll find some of us there or even better...click Arcade n play the games.I try Pacman...lol....im so rubbish cause of my laptop..no matter what you hear i have no mouse
    Glad you found us.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome, I am pretty new here but reading the posts is very encouraging, people here are also very understanding..
    Grace and Peace,
    Laura
    I have loved you with an everlasting Love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you"

Thanks

Default thank you

thank you so much, i appreciate the warm welcome, i still have a hard time with acknowledging i have lupus which probably sounds funny, how do you all deal with it? i mean do you tell people , only a select few know that i have it .

Thanks

Default Hello and welcome

Glad you found the forum. Funny you mention that you still have a hard time acknowledging that you have lupus...I was just thinking the same thing this weekend when I decided a little fun in the sun couldn't hurt me. HA! Sometimes, I just have to rebel against it, so I can relate to your struggle. I didn't say it was smart to rebel the way I just did, but I deal with it occasionally by just bullying my way through the day because I refuse to let lupus stop me. I just won't give in...ever. I hope you find strength and friendship here.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi christina,

welcome to our world-wide family. This forum was the first place that i ever posted, and i have never left. I hope you find as much support and assistance as i have found here.

i am so sorry that you are having to deal with acknowledgement of this disease. First, allow yourself time to deal with this, and then you can decide who to tell....i started out not telling anyone, now it is not such a big deal....it is what it is....and it is your call who you decide to share this with. Reducing stress is a crucial tool for controlling lupus flares. Therefore, try to reduce the things that you worry about.

Other that reducing stress, i have learned to completely protect myself from the sun, and i have learned to rest when my body tells me to. Stay with us, and you will learn several copiing skills.

There is a thread in "laurie's lounge", that discusses many tools for reducing flares, read through these, and then feel free to ask any questions....someone is always here.

How old are your daughters? If you want, go to your profile page and post some pictures. Many of us have family pictures posted, and we all go googoo over cute kids (even when they are grown).
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Welcome Christina!! So glad you found us.

I have SLE as well. I make no ifs, ands or buts about my condition. Everyone knows. I don't wear t-shirts that say, "HI, I HAVE SYSTEMIC LUPUS!!" but it's a part of who I am. People need to know that on days where you aren't at your best, you may be having a flare. Having people know also broadens your support network.

That being said, not a lot of people understand Lupus. When my aunt was first diagnosed 10 years ago, I was afraid to touch her for fear that I'd contract the disease. My aunt never told us much about what happened with Lupus, just that she had it. I choose to tell people a basic overview of the disease, and make sure they know that it's not communicable.

Your choice is yours...and do what makes you feel comfortable. We ALL know what happens to us with too much stress!

Great to meet you, and looking forward to getting to know you better!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."