Thread: Should I???

Thanks

Default Should I???

Now that the winds have died down enough for some good sailing I'm thinking of spending Sunday, Monday and Tuesday on the boat.

Lisa has been wanting to go out to the island at Army Hole and do some beach combing. Its a full days sail over, one day to walk the beach, then a full day sail back.

I've got plenty of sunscreen and not in a flare right now. Should I take the chance with the uv very high along with the heat index well above 100.

I can outfit the boat with plenty of water, gator aid thing of that nature.

What would you do???

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

It might not be the best idea but I would. Lol. I would just make sure I didn't flat out lay out in the sun. I just got cursed out (not really) but a colleague of mines who has lupus also. She noticed my skin was darker & she claims my face was swollen last week. I bought a convertible in March so lately I've been able to ride around w/the top down. I try to only ride around in it before the sun is fully out in the morning and @ night. As long as the repurcussions are only some swelling and slight pain in my joints, I'm riding in my damn convertible!!! Lol.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi David,

I haven't even gotten my boat in the water yet due to the terrible storms we've been having here-GRRR!

Anyway, your trip is risky from a flare point of view, but I would do it. Be religious about the sun block, stay under the bimini top, and say to hell with Lupus and just go! You know the deal, and you know how to go easy on yourself and stick to shade. I believe you could pull this trip off with little or no problem.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    We'll go for it. Lisa really needs a brake with her job and my health she is at wits end.

Hate to hear about the storms. I think we are headed into another major hurricane season this year. Hope you can go sailing soon.

David

Thanks

You go for it and have lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just one thing.....remember us when you are out there feeling the wind through your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted on how it goes!!!!!!!!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes David ....you n Lisa do it and relax and enjoy the sailing. Like Danica said.....when you close your eyes n feel the wind on your face....its us all thinking of you and Lisa having a great time. You know what to do to stay safe....and that Bamini took so long to put together get your monies worth out off it....its a blessing and a fab idea.
    Let us know how it went. ENJOY!!!
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I cut off all my hair. Couldn't stand it any longer. Now I'm just old baldy.

Lisa and I went to the boat this afternoon and got all our supplies loaded so we can leave early in the morning just as the sun starts to come up. I'll have my camera with us so I'll try to take some photos and post them when we get back.

All of you will be with me in my thoughts. Wishing all you could be with us enjoying the three days.

David

Thanks

David,
    Have fun, but be careful. I'm such a land-lubber, it just sounds frightening to me. I can't swim, and I REALLY am afraid of deep water.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

boating on a nice summer day sounds like an awesome time! have fun and stay safe in the sun.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

David,

It's good to hear you're going. Stay in the shade, and may the wind be at your back.

rob
    Last edited by rob; 06-28-2009 at 12:30 AM.