Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird tingling

Thanks

Default Weird tingling

I was just wondering if anyone thought this might be lupus related.

All night I've had this weird cold tingling feelings going down my arms and up my legs. It feels especially weird in my hands and feet.

Its kind of like the feeling you get right before your knocked out when your under anesthesia. Its really weird.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello there!

Yes i get this most mornings when i wake up, like my hands go completely numb pins and needles in both arms feet numb and pins and needles in legs, have no idea why this happens, but its always when i wake up on my back?!

Maybe you could ask your dr about it, as far as i know or knew you get it from lack of ciculation in the body, which doesn really explain when your asleep, oh and sometimes i get it in my head too, which scares the hell outta me, so erm yes like pre annasthetic feeling.

Maybe a advice fairy could help here?!

P&L
    ISDM
    xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

I get it. I've actually just started to experience the numbness. The tingling I've felt for a while. I assumed it was due to poor circulation. It is definitely weird.

Thanks

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is very uncomfortable and irritating to say the least. That was actually one of my first symptoms when I got sick. That was eight years ago and I still get it. I let my doctor know every time I go in and see her. I think it has something to do with our neuropathy. Hang in there and just try to move a little more when it starts happening. Also, you might want to keep a little log and write down when you feel it coming on, how long it lasts and what you were doing when it started. You can take this to your doctor and you both can try and figure out what is triggering it and if there is anything that can be done. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are feeling
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Thank you =D Im going to the doctor on monday so I'll be telling her then

Thanks

Good luck at the doctor!!!! I will be thinking about you and I hope they can help you get more comfy on a daily basis. Hang in there and just keep us updated on what the good ole doc has to say

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

My doctor is starting me on prednisone. And is making me exercise more becuz she's worried I might be showing signs of fibromyalgia or something like that. And I have to start sleeping more normally. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see her and a PT and OT. It wasnt what I really what I wanted to hear.

Thanks

It seems like we rarely hear what we want to and it is very frustrating when we are miserable. I am sorry you were unhappy with your doctors recommendations today. The prednisone should help you feel a bit better. It always helps me feel better but the doctor never lets me stay on it or a long period of time. Did they give you something to help you sleep????? If they didn't and you need help you can my melatonin over the counter and it really helps ease your body into a restful state. Now about the exercise, I have fybromyalgia as a secondary disease to my Lupus and my doctor has also been pushing exercise. I know the less we move our muscles the more damage the are susceptible to. However,when we are in a lot of pain it is sooooooooo hard to get out there and exercise......that is where I will get frustrated with my doctor. One thing that really helps me is being in a pool. I am lucky that our condo complex has an enormous lap pool and just walking in the water helps my leg pain. It feels easier and less work in the water but at the same time there is more resistance in the water and you are working your muscles even more!!!!!! One thing I am going to tell you is to NOT push yourself when you are feeling yucky!!!!!!! Rest until you are up for getting out there and if you don't ever feel up to it, well, just tell your doctor over and over until he or she listens!!!!!!!!!! I know it is hard and frustrating and you just keep talking to us and venting to us when things upset you. If you hold things in on the inside your body will hurt on the outside. We are all here for you and tonight I am sending a hug your way and wishes of a restful night for you

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is a weird feeling! I never know if there is a bug crawling on me. Today it was my little fingers and that 1/3rd part of hand. Yesterday there was actually a spider on me but I ignored it thinking it was the lupie tingles.

I get them on my legs but down by my ankles they itch really bad and I have to be very careful not to scratch because it seems to be like some kind of bacteria living just under the skin. If I scratch it even a little it will get a nasty infection.

Sometimes it all just goes away for awhile. The good thing in my case is I got used to it and it is nothing serious. Hope it is the same for you.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AyahsClan View Post
    It is a weird feeling! I never know if there is a bug crawling on me. Today it was my little fingers and that 1/3rd part of hand. Yesterday there was actually a spider on me but I ignored it thinking it was the lupie tingles.

I get them on my legs but down by my ankles they itch really bad and I have to be very careful not to scratch because it seems to be like some kind of bacteria living just under the skin. If I scratch it even a little it will get a nasty infection.

Sometimes it all just goes away for awhile. The good thing in my case is I got used to it and it is nothing serious. Hope it is the same for you.
    You should try some oral benadryl for the itching.......it might give you a little relief when you are having these uncomfortable symptoms. I am sorry you are having these weird feeling I will send you get well wishes hoping that it all goes away soon