Thread: Thanks to all

Thanks

Default Thanks to all

Thank you all for your compassion ....to answer a few questions the hospital she was in was in springfield,mo ....I felt that I had to stay right by her side or they would have let her die....we dont dwell on the past though ,we live every second of the day you know when we get a bill for $18000.00 for the helicopter airlift she had when she had her stroke we just look at each other laugh and I say you know I could have driven us to Branson and flew on one of the scenic helicopters for like 75 bucks ....we have grown more spontaneous from her disease we sometimes leave the house without saying anything ,get in the car drive wherever ,walk in a park ,stop and buy the stuff for a picnic swing on the swing sets slide down the slide laugh like little kids when people stare at 2 grown ups we know they must think that were drunk or something but its a little deeper than that we both have found out how it feels to almost be without each other and it really hurts and we want to spend every second of every day with each other ,I found out that money or material things in this world have no meaning to me I would gladly lose everything I have to keep her by my side......she is doing good right now and thats whats important we just bought her a new car and shes been driving the wheels off the thing ....shes trying to get back into sewing but with her right hand paralyzed she is having difficulties I have sat and watched her try to do her blocks for quilts and almost cried because before I dont know of anyone before her stroke that had more precision and the tiniest stitches someone once asked her if they were done on a sewing machine and she just rolled her eyes and gave them this look (that Im all to familiar with) machine stitched indeed I thank everyone on this site I believe no I know I have learned more from peoples posts than anything doctors have told me,Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi alovinghusband,

spontaneous drives, walks in the park, picnics......sounds like two best friends enjoy the day....so glad you wife is doing better. Please know that we are always here, so please hang around and keep us up to date about your wife.

you two enjoy your weekend,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I am happy she is doing better and what wonderful, beautiful words you have shared with all of us on here. Thank you. You learn to appreciate the person more than the things the person does when something like this happens. You can see the love in your words and I am truly blessed tonight for reading them.
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it sounds like you are blessed to have found eachother. And I can appreciate the desire to go back to stitching. Hand stitches are sooooo much nicer but so much harder on my hands and elbows. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better and hope to see you post again soon.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

So glad you found each other....sending you both gentle hugs.

love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

How precious...you are both so blessed. Thanks for sharing. So sweet.