Thread: ads on this page

Thanks

Default ads on this page

I am curious about the ad on this page,[ Lupus Patients needed
    donate plasma and help others. Earn up to $500/per donation. Call Today
    www.accessclinical.com], before I inquire any further is this a reputable outfit or place? My interest isn't in the money but if this truly can help in research it would certainly be a good thing to do. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Hi Jim,

I honestly don't even pay attention to the ads really, but now that you posted it I went to the site and it seems reputable. I put in to get a information packet about it. I did a research study a few years back with my family similar to this. I had to just go have my blood drawn and they drew blood from my dad, mom and brother to see what I specifically had versus what they had. I'm all for helping out if I can too, the more they understand about this disease, the more it helps us all right? I'll let you know what they send me.

Kim

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Jim,

I should probably explain the ads you see here, and how they are generated. They are created by search programs called "bots". Google, for example, uses "googlebots" to search out keywords on pages in public forums like WHL. Ads are then found that may be related to these keywords, and you will then see them appear in the "Ads by Google" headers on the pages of the site. Since the most prevalent word used here is "Lupus" the majority of ads will be lupus related. It's funny, once I was talking about my former career in the firearms industry here and ads suddenly popped up for gun magazines an shooting ranges! Talk about the latest movie you've seen, and ads for movies will show up.

Anyway, these ad's are completely independent of the We Have Lupus website, and as such, no claims are made by WHL as to the legitimacy of any ads seen here. The best thing to do, is research the ad yourself and see if it's a legit cause or organization, or not. Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks

Thanks to you both! I will check with my rheumy to see what he thinks before I procede any farther.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi rob,

thanks a lot. I have been wondering whether about the ads.
    Phyllis

share a smile today