Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not feeling the best

Thanks

Default Not feeling the best

I have barely been able to get up all week. I feel drained of all my energy when Im not even up doing anything. I try to get up and do things and I just get dizzy and lay back down. I've been helping watch my little brothers while my moms at work and I cant even get off the couch to do anything with them. I feel pretty useless when all I do is lay around and sleep. And no one in my house seems to care that Im wrapped up in blankets and warm clothes in the middle of summer because they have the air up so much and I cant feel my fingers and toes. Its all very frustrating.

Thanks

I know how you feel, I hate to not be noticed. Everyone around you acting like your ok, not seeing how you really are. Is hard, frustrating. You feel miserable, look bad and they just go about their day as if you looked normal.

Try not to let it get you down, it only makes you feel worse. Know there are many of us here that do understand and can see the misery of how you feel in your words. We are here when you need an ear, glad you found this place. This place is what keeps me OK, when those around me act as if they do not notice or care.

Hope you feel better soon and get a chance to see a doc.
    Cheryl

Thanks

It just sucks. Im trying to get my first job and I dont know if Im even going to be able to handle anything where Im going to be on my feet all day.

My mom seems to be the only one who notices that Im not feeling very good. My step dad whines like a little kid whenever he gets a little hot and makes this house freezing and Im like thanks, I cant move my hands Im glad your comfortable.

I dont have another doctor appointment until August. And I dont know if I should call them. I've just felt like crap for almost 2 weeks now, not taking into account that my hands have been swollen like crazy for at least a month now.

Thanks

AWWWWW, sorry you are feeling this way Ritzbit You should (if you can) rethink your job, on your feet all day and lupus just DONT MIX. I was a personal trainer and i had to stop due to my symptoms. My brain fog REALLY didnt help my job either! My clients were looking at me like "gee, should I be training YOU instead of YOU training me?" UGH You SHOULD get in to the dr SOONER if you can because swollen limbs SHOULD be checked out. That can be a VERY SERIOUS problem, possibly vasculitis, especially along with your cold hands and feet. Please take care of yourself and i hope you can reajust your life in some areas for the sake of your health. GOOD LUCK
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

It just sucks. I will be able to drive soon and I want to get a job so I can buy my own car but Im not really sure what Im going to do.

My doctor already has me on something for my swelling but it doesnt seem to help. and she told me she doesnt think I have vasculitis. My cold hands and feet is becuz of my Raynauds. It sucks. Nothing I do seems to make me feel better. Im 16 and feel like an old woman. I hate it.

Thanks

AWWWW, i am so sorry you are feeling so down hun. I understand the "old woman" feeling. Im almost 37 (not your sweet 16) but i too feel as if im 80. DO you work out,stretch, eat fresh fruits and veges,take herbs and vitamins, do something DAILY that makes YOU feel alive? I have my days too that i feel pretty down, but I have to Refraine from SAYING things to myself that hurts me even more, our minds are VERY POWERFUL. CHange some of your words that only will make you feel worse hun. The other things i mentioned help TREMENDOUSLY as well. YOU WILL PULL THROUGH SWEETIE!!!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ritzbitz,

so sorry you are going through this....i think you should call your dr. You say your appointment is in August, if you call her, she might can get you in sooner. When i am in such a bad flare and can not get out of it, my dr. gives me a shot of Medrol, and i get immediate relief....If you call the office and tell them how you are feeling, maybe they can get you in to see the nurse practitioner, or your drs. assistant. This is who i see when i need an immediate appointment, and they give me the shot.....

so, please call your drs. office and see if they can help you. Keep us posted.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll ask my mom to call up there. Im just kind of hoping it'll stop on its own. Im so sick of meds and all that. I've been on my meds since like march I think and I see no difference.

Thanks

AWWW hun, if you see no difference then for sure you should be getting back in to the dr ASAP. I hate taking meds if i DONT have to but i am on 3, i hope i can keep it limited to that or less would even be nice. A couple of my drs do believe i would be MUCH WORSE if it wasnt for my lifestyle of NATURAL remedies, organic foods and exercise.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ritzbitz,

i too hope your flare will stop on its own....but if you get to the point where you can't wait any longer, call your dr. and see if there is anything that they can do to get you out of the flare....sometimes our bodies just get so weary and then other symptoms start to interfere with our recovery....this is not your fault, it is the disease that is running rampant inside of your body.

Please rest and take care of yourself.....if watching your brothers from the couch is the best that you can do, then don't feel guilty. You will feel better and then you can do fun things with them.

wish i could give you advice about the room temperature, but it sounds like your step-dad gets to make that call. I guess i would pull out the wool scarves, gloves, hats, etc.....maybe even plug in a heating pad and keep it under the blanket with you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today