Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balance problems

Thanks

Default Balance problems

Does anyone experience balance problems due to Lupus? When I feel my worst, I notice that my balance is really bad, I can't even stretch properly without feeling like I'm going to tumble over.
    I'm feeling really ditzy lately!

Thanks

I have severe balance problems. I also have Meniere's syndrome, so I've blamed that. It is an inner-ear problem which affects balance and hearing. Some of the docs have said that the Meniere's is a neurological problem, and could be related to my autoimmune issues. Could you possibly have the same sort of thing going on?
    Marla

Thanks

My grandma has Meniere's. Hmmm. . .
    Can't wait to see the new doctors (endocrinologist and rheumy). I need answers.
    Thanks for the reply!

Thanks

I hope the new docs can help you out! yOu are having such a hard time..
    I have balance problems , but i have had ear prob lems since birth, so its because of that, not lupus...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

Honestly, I totally feel like a hypochondriac b/c of all the strange things going on with my body. I try telling myself that they are completely normal so that I don't feel "crazy". Balance is one of those things that I just keep telling myself is a lack of coordination-something I was born with.
    Before I was married, my initials were KLZ, add a couple letters and you get "KLutZ". Guess what my nickname was in High School. Yep, I earned that name, too. I can trip over a flat surface-it's just getting worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    Honestly, I totally feel like a hypochondriac b/c of all the strange things going on with my body. I try telling myself that they are completely normal so that I don't feel "crazy". Balance is one of those things that I just keep telling myself is a lack of coordination-something I was born with.
    Before I was married, my initials were KLZ, add a couple letters and you get "KLutZ". Guess what my nickname was in High School. Yep, I earned that name, too. I can trip over a flat surface-it's just getting worse.
    You and me both, kid!
    I was always the klutzy kid, too. I had a very difficult time learning to ride a bike, and I could never balance on roller skates or ice skates.
    It all made sense when I got the Meniere's diagnosis. You really should ask about it.
    Marla

Thanks

Awww Shepherdgirl!!!! You are not a Klutz!!!! LOL Funny little joke you told though with th initials! You have a good sense of humor about things!!! Good for you!!!! It DOES HELP!!!! Not to worry, we can bounce off of walls together, im very Dizzy and Klutzy these days !!! LOL Actually my "dizzy days' started when i was 6 so ive been bouncing off of walls for quite a while now!!!! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i bounce off walls and tables all of the time.....sometimes i wipe out one of the grandchildren as i bounce....they have learned that i am a danger when walking, and have learned to keep their distance. ha ha ha Funny, but the truth.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Oh Girl! When my CNS was being attacked over 6 months straight I walked around like a drunk!!!!!! I still hit the doorways everytime I walk through, but that also could be cause I have got so fat! haha HUGS Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

OMG Phyllis!!!! LOL YOu cracked me up!!!!!! Now THAT was a GOOD visual!!!!!

Oh Kathy, am i going to have to come to your house and stick a little post it to your mirror saying "Kathy IS BEAUTIFUL!" Cuz i will come do it ya know!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette