Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bad teeth!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I have good teeth and just had my 2 teeth pulled yesterday.Good teeth...bad jaw Just carnt win lol.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, I have bad teeth. I am 29 and need to have dentures. I've had thousands of dollars worth of dental work to try to stay ahead of my dental woes over the years. Everytime I try to get the evaluation I need for dentures the dentists try to guilt trip and scare me into implants, Do I want Dentures? Of course not! But I need teeth eventually that are functional and I cannot afford Implants -
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kathy,
    I have mixed teeth. When I was young I didn't have good preventative habits like brushing and flossing and eating sugar-free foods. As a kid I had a lot of fillings and several of them were refilled later after the original filling decayed. Now, I have good teeth, mostly. Actually, the teeth that weren't damaged are in very good shape but the ones that were damaged early on are just ok. They are never going to get better and I am working to keep them from getting worse. There is one that was crowned and I have another that I feel that there is a cavity forming on but, honestly, I am going to wait on that a little bit becuase I just can't afford another doctor bill right now and because when I had my cleaning last month is wasn't mentioned. I brush, go to the dentist 2x/year for checkup and cleaning, drink lots of water, and floss. That is one thing that Jeanette didn't mention, flossing. My dentist and hygenist love that I floss. As they say, happy healthy gums keep your teeth in your head and keep your heart happy and healthy too. (There is a direct link between gum and heart health). Jeannette - your healthy teeth form a beautiful smile!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had bad teeth problems since I can remember. I go every six months and I have at least 4 cavities every time! They look pretty but man they're full of problems. I had two root canals done in the same freaking tooth then they had to cap it.
    And yes Kathy, THE TEXAS HEAT IS A KILLER! It's gonna be a high of 105 today with like 80% humidity! AHHH!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

AWWW, that was nice of you Sandy!! SWEET! Oops, i did forget to mention the flossing huh!!! Yeah, you are right though, it HELPS also in MORE WAYS than one!!!! It all adds up to a healthy mouth!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Thanks guys girls! I am sorry alot us share bad stuff, but atleast we are not alone! Hugs Kathy
    Micro it was 106 here yesterday! I am dying! ugh!!!
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Kathy
    I have lupus and sjorgrens. I was told by both rheumy and dentist that sjorgrens will ruin your teeth. Combined with the meds taken for lupus which also dry the mouth. No win win situation. If you have both of these conditions and are on lots of meds over many years there's not much hope. The breakdown is caused from the excessive dryness. The saliva that people have is intended to rid the mouth of the bacteria that is in the mouth. No saliva then the bacteria just sits and grows. There is some meds that help. I cant take them they make me choke on my saliva. I have had the problem for so long that I rarely swallow any saliva during the day at all. That includes difficulty swallowing dry food and liquids. So I am to the point of needing partials on the bottom and I think I have 8, maybe 9 caps.

Thanks

Has anyone used Plackers in lieu of floss line. What a good find at any grocer or drug store...

L.
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PEARLESS View Post
    Kathy
    I have lupus and sjorgrens. I was told by both rheumy and dentist that sjorgrens will ruin your teeth. Combined with the meds taken for lupus which also dry the mouth. No win win situation. If you have both of these conditions and are on lots of meds over many years there's not much hope. The breakdown is caused from the excessive dryness. The saliva that people have is intended to rid the mouth of the bacteria that is in the mouth. No saliva then the bacteria just sits and grows. There is some meds that help. I cant take them they make me choke on my saliva. I have had the problem for so long that I rarely swallow any saliva during the day at all. That includes difficulty swallowing dry food and liquids. So I am to the point of needing partials on the bottom and I think I have 8, maybe 9 caps.
    You know I have had diffulty swallowing a while!and dry eyes mouth ect.. my teeth are horrible! i didnt know the swallowing was from that? That makes sense! thanks. kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Im telling you guys, WATER WATER WATER helps to keep your mouth moist. Even IF you HAVE to drink all of the time at least you are keeping it moist! I have my water with me EVERYWHERE i go. My own SPECIAL cup! I have VERY dry mouth and VERY DRY eyes too. I also take my fake tears EVERYWHERE with me to! LOL Im either sipping from my cup or im tipping my head back to put my drops in!! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette