Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bad teeth!

Thanks

Exclamation bad teeth!

Hey does anyone else here have teeth problems! Mine are absolutely horrible now. I dont know if its the prednisone, Lupus or one of the other 9 medicines im on! Any1 know? hugs Kathy ps. i havent been able to take calcium, the whole 3years ive been on Prednisone!(makes me have esophugas spasms) Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

AWWWW, not as of yet i dont have teeth problems Kathy. Im sure its just around the corner though the way new symptoms keep popping up on me! Ironically enough i go to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning 2morrow! I actualluy like it, i hate to eat afterwards cuz my teeth feel so good!! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I am glad your teeth are great! Just like you! I have had very bad teeth problems, I have atleast three that are eaten through and ready to come off! I am miserable with the flare my teeth and this Texas heat! hugs kathy

Thanks

I have bad teeth, so horrible. My dentist said it probably is a result of lupus meds from his experience. It seems within a matter of a four years my teeth got so bad.

Thanks

I have had five pulled and the rest of mine are cavities! Thanks for ur reply, I thought it could be medicines but wasnt really sure. hugs kathy oh i also think my pregnancies took alot out of my teeth, because I was so sick.
    Last edited by KATROACH1972; 06-23-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

Girl, mine suck BAD. I'm in-process of having my second bridge put in, and my third one is only months away. My teeth have sucked for years, regardless of my cleanings, dental visits, or home care. I'm there with you!

P.S. - I'm on nothing but a high-dose NSAID. My aunt had Lupus as well, and she has full dentures at 51!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

You know what, i am 37 and about to see if I can get dentures! Is embarassing but I guess its just part of this wacked out disease! hugs kathy

Thanks

I have SLE and Sjorgrens and my teeth have held up...I am fortunate.

I have 2 cleanings a year and have enamel brushed along my gumline twice a year...I use Crest Sensitive toothpaste or Sensodyne and mix it up with regular Crest paste. No whiteners of brightners...weakens the teeth.

I have 6 crowns, but that is from not having fluorinated water while growing up, well water or fluoride toothpastes resulting in cavities. Once the fillings gave way, I've replaced them with crowns or with resin fillings.

Kathy
    if you can, save your teeth, nothing is like the real deal, God made...dentures is a tough choice to deal with it. My sister had all hers pull, dentures because of her diabetes...she wishes she hadn't.

Jeannette
    ..my buck cleaning is tomorrow...

Love.
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Awwww, sorry for your discomfort Kathy!!! Drink LOTS of water too!!!! That helps to fight decay as well!!!! I have NEVER had any type soda in my life either, the dentist LOVES me for that one cuz i passed it down to my kids too!!! That causes decay in ANYONE, lupus or not!

HI OLUWA!!!!!! Thats funny that your a day behind me for your cleaning! LOL Yeah, i just got back a bit ago and my teeth feel SOOOOO good!!!! My dentist said my teeth look great as usual! He says to just keep on doing what im doing because it makes for a great set of teeth! He doesnt have any concerns about lupus damaging my mouth due to my 2 cleanings a yr along with brushing with EXACTLY what you do!! No soda and i carry a water around with me EVERYWHERE EVERY DAY is a good path to be on!!!!! Try it Kathy, it DOES help!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I am glad your teeth are doing so well, i really dont what choice I got with my teeth! All cavities! I dont think I can have implants with lupus, wouldnt that attack that too? I was told by my rhuem he thought I had Sjorgrens too, because my dry mouth eyes, bad teeth, ect.. thanxs 4 ur suggestions friends! Kathy