Thread: Popped blood vessels in my eye

Thanks

Unhappy Popped blood vessels in my eye

Well im not sure if this is because of Lupus and i dont go to my eye dr for a few weeks so i wanted to ask if anyone has experienced blood vessels popping in their eyes? 2 days ago i felt like someone was sticking my eye with a needle and i went to look and POW, there was a red dot. Then a little later i felt it again and what do ya know, POW again in the same frigin eye! Im starting to look like i have a hangover or something cuz my eyes are starting to look bloodshot from the red spots! My left eye did it today, just once though. Ive NEVER had this happen to me before being sick, could the inflamation of my body cause this to happen? Thanks my LUPY FRIENDS!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Yep, happened to me a few years ago. Woke up one morning and my eye felt sore. Went to the bathroom mirror and the complete white of my eye was red like blood. Scared me to death. Looked like my eye was bleeding from the inside.

I called my doctor and he got me in the next day. He said it was definitely a burst capillary and as long as it was not actually bleeding into the eye, and there were no changes in my vision, it was okay. Just looked worse than it was. He told me it's caused by the same thing that causes my bruises on my arms and legs....very thin, stretched capillary walls that become weakened. So it's sort of like a bruise, but shows up more because of the stark whiteness of our eye.

It sure made people stare funny at me. And, unfortunately it took about a month to completely clear out of my eye.

Sounds like it might be what's going on with you.....

Gentle hugs for your poor eye

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 06-23-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Brain fog

Thanks

Oh wow, thanks Lori! Man, the new symptoms just keep on a coming huh! Just when i think, "well this has to be the last of the "newbies", BAM, a new one pops up! Yeah, it makes sense when you explained it, you are my Lupus mentor! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That happened to me not that long ago. It was weird to say the least. I've had bloodshot eyes and pinkeye before but this was extreme. The white of my left eye was completely blood red.

I confess I did not go to the doctor. It cleared up but it seems like it left behind more floaters. One is so bad it sometimes looks like a bug is in my glass when I am drinking lol It did not effect my actual vision though. Nevertheless you should see the doc, It could be a symptom of something more serious.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lucky,

so sorry you are experiencing this eye thing on top of everything else that you are facing....glad lori and ayah were able to share a similar experience with you, and i hope you feel better very soon.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Broken blood vessel or not..you're still beautiful, Jeannette...

Hey....see if you can get into see your ophthalmologist sooner. Hugs.

Love ya,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Ayah!! Yeah, ME TOO, my floaters DO seem worse now that you mention it! HMMMMMMM, im seeing quite a few "BUGS" these days! LOL

OMG OLUWA, i just LOVE you!!! You are so kind and you put such a BIG smile on my face with your SWEET comment!!!!! I really NEEDED that too because it seems like im just falling apart these days! You truely are as ive told you before, a Wonderful woman in SO MANY ways and you do so much for us here on this site. YOU are APPRECIATED more than you know Hey, enjoy your teeth cleaning!! LOL

Thanks

Thank you sweet Phyllis!!!!! You are always there to send your love, concerns and well-wishes for me and i love you for that!!!!!!!