Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Lift Things Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Can't Lift Things Anymore

Yesterday I lifted a box of 45 records and suffered for it all day. I was wondering if any of you have the same problem. I have noticed the last year that I am able to lift less and less weight. Is this associated with lupus, or possibly some other problem? I worry, if this could be a symptom of MS or some other neuromuscular condition. Help?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drink,

yes, i have noticed a huge decrease in my physical strength. I now buy small containers of milk, detergent, etc....i just don't have the strength to pick up heavy weights. I also have lost just about all of my strength in my hands and forearms....this is where i really notice the difference.

so sorry you are experiencing this, wish this disease would give us a break.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Angry

Yup, same here.
    I feel so useless when I can't be much help with packing and moving things around in preparation for our move.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

me three!!!! (or four I guess). I have found that my hand strength and grip is so much weaker then it was just last year. Even opening a jar is incredibly harder then it should be.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Me, too! Just even over the past month the strength in my hands has decreased even more. I don't dare try to lift a pot that is full or put baking dishes in the oven anymore. Thank goodness there's usually at least one kid around to help!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I feel a bit better now having heard from others of you who have the same problem. I too am scared to death of spilling something hot from the oven on me. Something that was too heavy to lift, but not realizing in advance that it might be too heavy.

Thanks

Default same here

Other day I was having a very difficult time raising my bedroom window so I could put the fan in it. I'm scared now because what will I do in the event of a fire.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how you feel. Yesterday, I couldn't open by bedroom window no matter how hard I tried. What would I do also in a fire. On an extremely hot day, I would just have to leave the house for the day. I don't think the other open windows would cool the place down enough to be able to stay indoors.

Thanks

Oh, my strength has been in the crapper for years now. I have days where my body will rally and I'll be able to pick up a car (relatively speaking), but some days, I can barely pick up my 3-year old...who is 34 pounds. You are not alone!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

Nope you are not alone, i used to work out with much heavier weights but now im reduced to 5-10 lbs!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette