Thread: Random silly thought :)

Thanks

Talking Random silly thought :)

I don't know if you have heard of fmylife.com, the site where people write really depressing, pathetic and most times hilarious anecdotes followed by the acronym 'fml...'

but it got me thinking. People with Lupus should start a website called FMIS: F my immune system.

My story for this week would be:

"I went to Urgent Care Tuesday with severe stomach pains, returned Wednesday for a follow up and got ultrasounds done Thursday to figure out what was wrong with me.

They didn't figure it out. Instead, I got bronchitis from being around sick people in the waiting rooms. FMIS."

I find the best way to deal with this all is to make light of it. Sure the doctors think I'm crazy, I have chronic stomach problems, and I sound like a dude with my bronchitis, but life is still beautiful.

God bless! xoxo.

Thanks

I love it!!!! I to have a story......I went to the grocery store by myself and pushed the cart around. The next day I had a fever, and by the end of the week I developed a lung infection and sinus infection......FMIS!!!!!!!

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Smile I Love this thread!

I volunteered at a charity food and clothing giveaway before Christmas with a few people who were feeling a little under the weather. As fate would have it, I wound up shortly thereafter in the hospital with pneumonia that required lung surgery, of all things!!! Dang near died!! Which only goes to show you: no good deed does unpunished FMIS!!

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i love this thread, thanks Kirsten.

I go on vacation to the beach....but i sit in the condo, wear full body clothing with a hat, and still get hit with a flare.....FMIS. hmmm, wonder if it was all of the scotch that i drank or all of the yummy seafood that i munched on. oh well, still FMIS
    Phyllis

share a smile today