Thread: New floors

Thanks

Default New floors

I'm currently sitting on my recliner, which is in my kitchen!
    Just in time to move, we're finally getting new flooring put down. My daughter's ex-boyfriend is great with tile. He did our kitchen and dining room a few years ago. Now my living room looks beautiful, I have a gorgeous backsplash in my kitchen, and tomorrow, my bay window room (my office) will get wood flooring. We'll also soon be re-carpeting all five bedrooms.
    As is his usual, my hubby finally decides to fix up the house just before we move! We'll be renting it out while we're gone for three years. Now I'm not too sure that I'll want to sell it if our renters decide to buy, since it finally looks the way I've always wanted it!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great stuff Marla.

Does he wanna do my kitchen and bathroom floor?

ive been noticing for a while now that it needs summin other than stoopid lining you get given with the house.....its yukky grey!

lol, your house sounds lush goodluck with ure decision

P&L
    ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

That's always the way....Just when you like it you don't get to enjoy it!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes always the way,but glad you are enjoying it while you are there.Now....how do we get in touch with your husband..plenty of work here coming his way xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

That's a funny picture, Marla....sitting in your recliner in your kitchen. Perhaps you can relax while you're fixing dinner tonight.

Isn't new flooring fun? At least you'll get to enjoy it for a few months, before you head out to California.

Glad you have someone you know that's doing the work....I always hate to hear the contractor horror stories.

Your house sounds lovely....and will be even more so, when all the work is done. Just make sure you pick your renters wisely...I've heard too many renter horror stories as well.

Lori

Thanks

Smile

Lori,
    Great renters - already found!! She's a young English teacher from the school where I taught, and her Dad is an old friend - the head of the Social Studies department. Her fiancee is a brand-new accountant. They are going to rent out the upstairs to a college buddy - another accountant. Nice, quiet hard-working types who should fit into this neighborhood just fine. They might want to buy the house in a couple of years. We really no longer need a five bedroom house, and I can no longer go upstairs. If they do buy it, I'm thinking that when we come back, we should have a nice garden home built to our own specifications. We certainly know a great contractor to do the floors!
    It's just a bit sad to leave the house that we've lived in for 17 years - lots of memories!
    Marla

Thanks

So good to hear, Marla. Finding the right renters makes it much easier to leave your special home. Sounds like you've arranged an ideal situation.

A garden home, built to your specs....maybe one level....with the perfect floors....that sounds like fun to plan over the next 3 years.

Seventeen....that's a lot of years of memories....no wonder you're attached. Are you planning a "Goodbye" party at the house with your friends and/or family before the move?

Lori

Thanks

Lori,
    Our kids are fairly scattered at this point. Heather lives in NYC. Hillary is here in SA. Tom lives in Houston (but we see him here all too often when he comes in to see the "hot nurse"!). Kayla is in Fort Worth, and Meghan is in Little Rock. This weekend, Tom, Kayla and Meg will all be here, and of course Hillary and family live nearby. We only see Heather about once every two years - post-docs have a lot of work and not much pay! I guess that this weekend will be the last time that most of us will be together here - sort of sad.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Heather more often in California, believe it or not. She's on the alumni board for Cal Tech, so they fly her out there for meetings 4 times per year. We're planning to get together at those times. Next month, she and her boyfriend (another PHD) are spending 3 weeks in China! (Oh, to be young!)
    I'm sitting in the living room, and it is beautiful! The cats are skittering across the floor. They don't know what to make of it. Tomorrow, the bay window room, which I use as my office, gets wood flooring. We re-did the kitchen walls a while back, and made it a Tuscan kitchen. Joey just put in a back splash behind my stove that is a mosaic of broken tiles from both the kitchen and the living room, with a brass tile with grapes on it in the middle. Next paycheck, we'll re-carpet all five bedrooms and the stairs. The house will be so lovely - and then I have to leave it!
    One thing I won't miss is the heat in Texas - it's been 100 several days in a row!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Sounds like a nice family get together this weekend...and they'll get to see your beautiful new living room.

Oh, a Tuscan kitchen. My dream. I can almost picture it. I absolutely Love backsplashes of tile. Yours sounds gorgeous with mosaic and brass. My stove is situated so that's not a possibility in my kitchen. It's open air and looks out toward the nook area....no walls behind it. And most all my cabinets come down pretty low, so I don't have a large wall space to do something like that. I just pray I have a home somewhere in my future that includes one....I think it's out there waiting for me. My dream kitchen would have a center island with a place to hang copper pots & pans above it....a built in wine chiller and built in shelves for my many cookbooks. Oh and 2 ovens...I hate not having enough room to bake or warm everything at once. Now you've given me the bug to do something for my kitchen...I have some colorful island prints that are matted already....I got them in Jamaica last summer. Think I'll get my butt in gear today and go get them framed. I've been wanting to switch out some of my kitchen pictures to change the look.

My heart goes out to you...I'd have a hard time letting go of such a lovely home....at least you don't have to experience the major life changes you're going through and sell this home at the same time. One major life change at a time....that's my motto in life....and about all I can endure.

Stay cool today....you've only got a few more months of scorching. Just imagine the cool ocean air....it's waiting for you in Monterey....it's calling your name.....Marla....come walk on our beaches....and dip your toes in the Pacific. Except in California they actually dip their whole bodies in the ocean...in Oregon, not so much....we dip our toes....maybe up to ankles....and then our feet go numb. Brrrrrrrr!

Take care,

Lori