Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mild...

Thanks

Default Mild...

Just an update following my other thread. I saw my doctor today and he said I have a mild case of Lupus, he thinks that it's probably being caused by my leaky gut, so heal my gut and stop the Lupus. I hope he's right, but it's good news for me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to hear you have mild...as do I as I was told but when I was in pain there was nothing mild about it. I hope you never feel the painful feeling of a flare. As for the leaky gut...I hope doctor fixes you up and resolves it. I wish you healing and health!!!

Thanks

HMN..Hi..

Hummm...I don't understand, heal the Leaky Gut and your Lupus will stop? Oh, that doesn't sound like an accurate diagnosis to me...

Those are two different diagnosis...one doesn't get Lupus because of Leaky Gut...from my understanding Leaky Gut Syndrome can cause an impaired immune function, but I haven't read it causes Lupus. In reality no one knows what causes Lupus...

Leaky Gut is thought to be from an allergens, infection, bacteria...types of refine foods...

Leaky Gut can cause fatigue, rashes...some of the symptoms of Lupus..it also reads..

With LGS, otherwise harmless substance travel through the gut and into the bloodstream, where they become antigens (foreign invaders). The body attacks them and it attacks healthy tissues in the process.

I would research your diagnoses more and ask the doctor to clarify what he had meant...mild case of Lupus, he thinks that it's probably being caused by my leaky gut, so heal my gut and stop the Lupus...seems confusing..conflicting...odd, well to me...lol.

Enjoy the evening...I will.
    Love,
    Oluwa

I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I have to agree with Oluwa on this one. Lupus is more involved then a "leaky gut". You may want to get a second opinion. Is it really lupus or is just a leaky gut? I hope you get an answer soon!

Good Luck and keep us posted!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Really?! I though he meant that the leaky gut (which was caused by candida) was bringing out the Lupus, because autoimmune conditions run in my family. So it would settle down once I have gotten rid of the candida (which I have) and the Leaky gut (which I'm working on now). Maybe I should wait to see how I feel when I have the Leaky gut under control? Or should I get a second opinion now? What do you guys think?

It's quite possible that it was Lupus that has caused the candida and leaky gut, because I started to get sick 11 years ago, and the food allergies along with all the other problems leaky gut and candida cause only started in the last 3 to 4 years.

Thanks

I was just given some literature on Yeast causing so many problems from Lupus to MS. The yeast is candid. Has anyone ever heard of this???????? I know that some think that is what causes leaky gut but I am not sure.
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi hmn,

i worry about any dr. that says something causes the lupus, because no one really know what causes this disease.

I do see where when we have something else going on in our body, that our immune system kicks in and speeds up to try to heal the problem, and i can see where this makes us go into a flare. So, i see where this can cause a flare, but not lupus itself.

About your question of whether to get a second opinion.....do you feel comfortable with your present dr.? if so, maybe go back to him, and have a more thorough conversation about what he said last time....if you come away with more questions, then you should probably seek a second opinion. Good rheumies can be so hard to find, but we have to keep looking until we find someone that we trust.

take care, and keep up the good work...you are your number 1 priority.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

In short..

Lupus, a disease make us susceptible to infections, other diseases because our immune system is out of whack...attacking healthy cells and tissue leaving our bodies vulnerable. And too, the immune suppressant drugs suppresses the immune system thus making us more susceptible to infections.

And too if one has a infection doesn't mean they have Lupus.

Ridding ones body of an infection does not stop Lupus. Lupus is a chronic incurable disease. All we can do is manage our symptoms, our flares and try to attain remission. We do this through lab tests, medication, diet, exercise, rest and keep protected from the sun.

L,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danica01 View Post
    I was just given some literature on Yeast causing so many problems from Lupus to MS. The yeast is candid. Has anyone ever heard of this???????? I know that some think that is what causes leaky gut but I am not sure.
    Danica, I have heard something similar to this not to long ago. Basically that if you eat too much dairy or processed foods you can poison your system by over producing yeast in your body and that it can have an immediate effect on your body's ability to heal itself and can cause food allergies/sensativities and raise autoimmunity issues. There is alot of info if you google "Candida" and "Autoimmune".
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I would have to agree with the ladies on ths one.... I dont think the the doctor really knows and he is just trying to tie a name to some symptoms but he;s not really sure. I hope u get an accurate answer and hopefully its not lupus. U r in my prayers. Hugs

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!