Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genital Involvement in Lupus

Thanks

Thanks

Although I am not glad others are having these symptoms, at least I don't feel so alone. I'm frustrated with the doctors, of course, the gyn says "All it shows is inflammation." No answers. The rheumatologist says, "Your gynecologist is taking care of the vaginal issues." HUH? In the meantime, I just keep itching and scratching.

The rheumatologist hasn't officially diagnosed me yet, but said "in the future we may treat your skin problems but for now, if you have lupus, you're just going to continue to get worse." Fun! I've given up for now. I just stay out of the sun and try to take care of myself. It's all too frustrating.
    Cheri
    Fall 7 times, get up 8.

Thanks

Although I am not glad others are having these symptoms, at least I don't feel so alone. I'm frustrated with the doctors, of course, the gyn says "All it shows is inflammation." No answers. The rheumatologist says, "Your gynecologist is taking care of the vaginal issues." HUH? In the meantime, I just keep itching and scratching.

The rheumatologist hasn't officially diagnosed me yet, but said "in the future we may treat your skin problems but for now, if you have lupus, you're just going to continue to get worse." Fun! I've given up for now. I just stay out of the sun and try to take care of myself. It's all too frustrating.
    Cheri
    Fall 7 times, get up 8.

Thanks

cherim,

Is it your Pap smear that is showing inflammation? That would indicate that something cervical is going on.

Sounds like you might have Vulvovaginaitis if it is only external. That is inflammtion of the tissues of the vagina, and includes the symptoms you mention.

If they can not find a cause, such as yeast or bacteria, there really is no medical treatment for it that I am aware of, but I'm not an expert.

Smiles,

Kathy

Thanks

Hello Ladies,

I am brand new as a member (couple of hours) but an old timer who was diagnosed with SLE about 12 years ago.

I hope I will be forgiven for making this first post on such a personal subject. I however feel that we are here to help one another so embarrassment has nothing to do with it. I have had the male version of Cherim problem. There was no discharge but an oily feel to it. My rheumotoligist and dermatolagist gave me the same run around. One of those things I have to just suffer through until it goes away but it will also return periodically. I tried the usual jock powders with no success at all. After reaching a point where I no longer cared whatI used I bought Monistat 7. I know it is for the ladies but I applied it to the external area before retirng one night and the next morning my problem was history. Now I keep a tube of it in the night stand. As for it reappearing it has only happened about every 4 or 5 years and I am ready for it each time.

Melart

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Melart:
    WOW! That is good to know that the treatment worked for you. But, then again, why shouldn't it - it was made for basically the same symptoms. Thank you for sharing!
    I had a friend with severe boils on her face. She used Preparation H and it cleared her skin up completely!! So, there is no shame in cross-use of these types of medications. If it works, it is right!!

Best of Luck
    Saysusie