Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAYSUSIE ON VACATION 'TIL JULY 5th

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Have a safe trip Saysusie! As usual, I'll keep things to a dull roar around here-no wild parties! Enjoy your vacation!

Rob

OK you guys, she's gone. Now, who is in charge of renting the margarita dispenser and booking the belly dancers this time?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Saysusie,
    Have a wonderful vacation! I hope that you have a very comfortable car and lots of fun and restful stops planned.
    We'll be making the long trip from Texas to California in September, with two cats in the car! Where is Victorville in relation to Monterey? Do any of the members of this group in California ever get together for a support group in the flesh? I would definitely be up for that!
    Marla
    Have a fun and safe trip Saysusie!

Marla - Victorville is about 2-3 hours out of LA depending on traffic, Monterey is about 3 - 4 hours from LA, so quiet a trip from Victorville to Monterey. Have no idea if any of the members meet up out here but I'd be up for it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

nope still confused...

independance from britain?...lol did we own you or summin?
    sorry for my complete cluelessness, history was never my subject,

ok happy 4th july to ya, think we should have a party too heidi...seeing as your american too!!

ISDM
    xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sure your gone already...but I do hope you have a wonderful restful and fun vacation!!!

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Have a safe trip Saysusie! As usual, I'll keep things to a dull roar around here-no wild parties! Enjoy your vacation!

Rob

OK you guys, she's gone. Now, who is in charge of renting the margarita dispenser and booking the belly dancers this time?
    I always suspected that you were a trouble-maker, Rob.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default HI

Oh have a great time and enjoy yourself.So glad the chains are off and you are getting out.Enjoy.xxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

Rob

I'll handle renting the margarita dispenser......Rob....think you can handle the belly dancers??? ......I mean handle renting them??? ......I mean getting them to the party???

Lori

Thanks

OK guys,
    When's the party???
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iseedeadmonkeys View Post
    nope still confused...

independance from britain?...lol did we own you or summin?
    sorry for my complete cluelessness, history was never my subject,

ok happy 4th july to ya, think we should have a party too heidi...seeing as your american too!!

ISDM
    xxx
    Yes, you pretty much owned us, lol. Here is the explanation from Wikipedia.

During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the American colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2, 1776, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia.[2] After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a committee but with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author. Congress debated and revised the Declaration, finally approving it on July 4. A day earlier, John Adams had written to his wife Abigail:
    The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.[3]
    Adams' prediction was off by two days. From the outset, Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence, rather than on July 2, the date the resolution of independence was approved in a closed session of Congress.[4]
    One of the most enduring myths about Independence Day is that Congress signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.[5] The myth had become so firmly established that, decades after the event and nearing the end of their lives, even the elderly Thomas Jefferson and John Adams had come to believe that they and the other delegates had signed the Declaration on the fourth.[6] Most delegates actually signed the Declaration on August 2, 1776

Thanks

Awesome History lesson, Kducks!

Yep, ISDM....you owned us...but you know us independent, free-thinking Americans....we couldn't stand it, so we threw a teaparty in Boston and the rest is History.

Lori