Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Procedure tomorrow...

Thanks

Unhappy Back Procedure tomorrow...

Well, my psoriactic arthritis is kicking in something FIERCE with my back. I've got a disc that is bulging so bad that it's affecting my legs and ability to go to the bathroom. My pain doc is going to do a series of epidurals on me, starting tomorrow, in hopes that it will calm the disc back into place...but if the epidurals don't work, I'll have to be referred to a neurosurgeon (!!!).

Please say a prayer...I do SO hate having needles in my back...especially because my last idiot orthopedist ended up giving me a CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leak that landed me in the hospital for a week...ugh. At least they're going to give me some sedation tomorrow...
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

Hi Carrie....

I will definitely say a prayer....in fact, I'll pray you through tomorrow.

I'm right with you on the needles in the back thing....in fact, I've never met ANYONE that likes the idea of that. Hopefully you'll get an experienced doctor that can perform the procedure with the least discomfort. When I went through pain clinic during my pregnancy, for hip pain from avascular necrosis, they were pretty amazing at performing difficult painful procedures....and keeping me comforable at the same time.

I'll be hoping that they get good results with the first epidural, so you won't need to endure more than that. One thing I might suggest for your nerves prior to the appointment....something I do reguarly now, is take my MP3 player and headphones and listen to my favorite relaxing music prior to the appointment. I'll sit in the waiting room with it and always ask if I can listen to my music while they are setting up and getting ready to start the procedure. I know myself quite well now, after many years of procedures, and if I'm left laying there with my own thoughts leading up to it, I'll stress and worry myself needlessly. I don't know if you have any type of music player you could use, but just thought I might offer the suggestion. Music always soothes my mind and soul and helps my body stay relaxed.

I'll be praying for the best possible outcome....and for everything to go wonderfully. Please let us know how it turns out.

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Dear Heavenly Father, please keep Carrie in your care, protect her while she has here procedure today and always. Give wisdom to her doctors, and bring her safely through this without any complications. Thank you Dear Lord...Through Jesus Christ...Amen.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh dear Carrie,

I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of courage and so hope it is successful for you and you get a good doctor.

lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carrie;
    You are in my thoughts and I hope that you are able to find relief soon. Oluwa's prayer was beautiful, so I will just say "And So It Is"

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you ALL for the prayer and positive feelings. It means more than you can imagine!

The procedure went very well...once they had me under fluoroscope (moving x-ray), they confirmed that I have a small tear in my disc at L5-S1, and the nucleus pulposa (the "inside" of the disc) is poking out and irritating my spinal cord. Good news is, they are VERY confident that the cortisone injections will resolve the herniation enough that the disc can heal itself. I'm on weight restriction...can't pick anything up that's heaver than a gallon of milk (which irritates my 3-year old!) for a month and a half. I figure that's better than the alternative!!

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts...Oluwa, your prayer was beautiful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

You're welcome, Carrie...hugs..praying it continues to work...

I had two lumbar surgeries and one cervical spine...the disks herniated and fragmented off..If you have any question, maybe my unfortunate experience can help.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Carrie,
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through these treatments. God will pull you through!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carrie; I am so glad to hear that there is good news and that the treatments will help it to heal itself. I know you were dreading the alternatives!
    You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carrie i hope that the pain injections help you. I am a regular at pain clinic and have had numerous epidurals because of having 2 back surgeries. But i had a very good neurosurgon. Hang in there Bonita