Thread: Rheumatologists on thursday

Thanks

Default Rheumatologists on thursday

Hey everyone,

I have my first follow up appointment with my rheumatologist on thursday...
    Im kind of nervous...last time i went, he told me that i had lupus....he then sent me off for another massive blood test (i swear there was like 15 vials of blood!) Anyway i get all of those results back on thursday...
    Last appointment he said that my GP had done like 4 tests or something and all of them strongly indicated lupus, as well as my other symptoms- the ITP and the joint pain in my hands. But he wanted to do all these other million tests as well, to check my more recent levels and other tests that werent done earlier...
    I dont know if i really want the results back..he said if my results were worse than he expected he would want me on to something stronger than plaquenil.
    I want to tell him on thursday that i dont even want to be on plaquenil anymore, so i really hope that the tests were all okish...
    Ughhhh wish me luck LOL
    Oh also, is it ok if i ask him for a copy of the blood test results? I would really like to be able to come home and have a look over them etc...do your doctors usually let you?
    *~* Monique *~*

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi monique, yes, your dr. should be happy to give you a copy of your lab results. There are a few members here who really have a lot of knowledge about the lab reports, and i am sure they will help you understand what the differents results mean.

your meeting on thursday will be a very important time for you and your rheumy. How long have you been on Plaquenil? It is about the mildest memd for lupus, so really think about stopping. Be sure ahd write some questions to take with you, this will make it easier for you to remember while you are in the drs. office.

hope your appointment goes well, let us know what happens.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I make it a point to get copies of all my lab work and any major diagnoses that my doc's make. It is helpful if you end up with a different doc and just for personal knowledge. Why do you want to be off plaquenil?