Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One More Doctor...Monday

Thanks

Default Wishing you well...

Even though you are the arcade champion of champions, and even though I have no hopes of ever stealing your crown, I still wish you well. Aren't I generous?

Seriously though, I didn't see your post earlier, so I'm sending you good vibes right now.

By the way, if you get really frustrated with the docs today, pretend you are the Yeti and pretend your doctors are those stupid penguins. Get on that arcade and smack those stupid penguins from here to eternity (which is where it seems like they go in that one shot game, doesn't it?)

Have a nice day, knowing your friends here are with you in spirit.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Hi Larz!!!! Hey, dont worry about wishing or wanting to be "normal", when you think about it NO ONE is LOl I know what you mean though, im sorry its an icky time for you right now, the ups and downs of it all huh. Dont worry, you have US!!!!! WE are ALWAYS here to send HAPPY VIBES your way!!!!!! Im sending you TONS right now!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Larz;
    I'm sorry I got to this too late to send you prayers for you appointment. So, I am sending them to you now.
    I think I mentioned, in another post, that Thrush is one of the most common fungal infections in Lupus. It is the Lupus that gives you the thrush because patients with lupus are more susceptible to infections due to our altered immune systems. Also, due to this, when we do get infections, they are generally worse cases and they require longer treatment than non-lupus patients. The oral mucosa, or lining of the mouth, is one of the most common targets in lupus erythematosus (LE) patients. Since you are not on Prednisone or any other type of steriod, it has to be assumed that the Thrush is due to your altered immune system. The most effective treatment of Thrush in Lupus patients has been Nystatin oral lozenges or pills, and the occasional use of oral antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan).
    I hope that you feel better soon and that these doctor appointments are more productive for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!