Thread: Pain and bumps

Thanks

Default Pain and bumps

As I wonder whether I have Lupus or not, I still continue to have strange symptoms. It worries me and is also discouraging because I don't know what to do. I'm curious if the stuff I have going on is Lupus related or if it is something else. Would you mind telling me if you've ever had any of these things happen to you?
    Recently, I had a headache that didn't go away for days. It finally went away after 5 days of intense migraine-type pain.
    I started developing small skin-colored bumps on my chin last Wednesday. I got bumps above my lip as well, but they were brown. It looked like I had a mustache. I also had bumps on my nose, they were red. Yesterday, the bumps started moving down to my hands and arms.
    I've had this happen before, normally the bumps move all the way down my fingers and turn red. They are in clusters, by no means covering my hands or arms.
    Today I woke up and am achy all over, like I'm getting sick. My joints are SO sore. It hurts to move. My hair hurts. My right leg is the worst. That's the one that is partially numb. Underneath my knee, it is burning and is puffy feeling. The pain goes all the way to my foot.
    Everything is so sore. I've tried ibuprofen, it didn't do much. Really, I just want to stay in bed and not move.

Thanks

I always have headaches, i have one right now actually...i dont know if its from the lupus, but i have always had them...
    As for the bumps...i dont know either, i have never had any of the 'lupus rashes' that most people seem to get....i also havent really had much joint pain except for my hands....when my hands were hurting, they were really tight, swollen...i couldnt even do up my jeans properly....but i dont know about the other pains...
    Sorry i cant really help you, but i just wanted to reply and also to say i really hope that you get some answers soon, it sounds like you are having a really hard time...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

Default Sounds like Lupus...

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    As I wonder whether I have Lupus or not, I still continue to have strange symptoms. It worries me and is also discouraging because I don't know what to do. I'm curious if the stuff I have going on is Lupus related or if it is something else. Would you mind telling me if you've ever had any of these things happen to you?
    Recently, I had a headache that didn't go away for days. It finally went away after 5 days of intense migraine-type pain.
    I started developing small skin-colored bumps on my chin last Wednesday. I got bumps above my lip as well, but they were brown. It looked like I had a mustache. I also had bumps on my nose, they were red. Yesterday, the bumps started moving down to my hands and arms.
    I've had this happen before, normally the bumps move all the way down my fingers and turn red. They are in clusters, by no means covering my hands or arms.
    Today I woke up and am achy all over, like I'm getting sick. My joints are SO sore. It hurts to move. My hair hurts. My right leg is the worst. That's the one that is partially numb. Underneath my knee, it is burning and is puffy feeling. The pain goes all the way to my foot.
    Everything is so sore. I've tried ibuprofen, it didn't do much. Really, I just want to stay in bed and not move.

I am not a doctor obviously but that does sound like Lupus to me. I do not get brown clusters but I do get red little dots or bumps from my hands to my
    legs and I also get them on my face. I wake up and in the morning or during
    the night and have horribly swollen sausage fingers that I can't bend..can barely even manage to whip myself when I use the bathroom let alone able to
    open the door to get out of the bathroom!!!

My hair also hurts and I have been loosing LOTS of it...it feels like the scalp is
    tight and it's just sensitive to the touch like other people say it feels like "root pain".

My left thigh feels numb alot to the touch..I shave and can't really feel where
    I'm shaving and it's only in my left thigh so I'm lost about that.

But don't feel alone I know exactly how you feel and I'm positive alot of others will too. But I have pain EVERYWHERE also and love to just stay in
    bed but the pain is also so bad that I don't want to stay in bed either because that hurts too..it's a double ended sword.

As for Ibuprofen be very careful how much you take because if you have
    Lupus it makes it alot easier to get kidney problems if you continue to take
    Ibuprofen on a regular basis!

I hope you start to feel better and that you get your diagnosis! I will
    be thinking about you and praying for you! Keep your head up!

Thanks

Thanks for replying. One new thing happened tonight, I got a fever. It started at 100F 4 hours ago, now it's at 100.9F. I'm not sure why I have a fever, I just decided to check since I was feeling so strange. I don't feel like I have a cold or any other illness besides the total body ache. I've had this happen one other time. The fever went away after 2 days, I never ended up with an illness, just a fever.
    Lupus is such a strange condition. I'm not sure how rheum's do their job without going crazy. It must feel like trying to nail jell-o to the wall!
    Thanks again for replying.

Thanks

No problem at all...yes the fever is "normal" for alot of people with Lupus I personally
    am always between 96.3-98 but many others will constantly have a low-grade fever.
    The doctors do have a hard job but we have the harder one for having to go through it
    and having to try and explain how we feel without feeling even more crazy!

There are so many symptoms with Lupus that sometimes I forget why I would
    be feeling that way but you have to make sure you stay ontop and remember
    how and when you feel the way you do so you can tell the doctors and that
    they can try harder to help

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Can't help with the bumps. but most of us when in a flare have a low grade fever. thats one of my signs. i also get the numbing in the top of right thigh all the time. and in my last three fingers on that side its weird but again its part of the lupus.

glad your headache went away that stinks to have for so long. hope you feel better soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Maybe some of the symptoms are vascular. I run fevers evry day and the doctor asked me if i am okay with this i said what else can i do. Some days are better than others. Bonita

Thanks

OK, so I'm thinking this may be a flare if I do indeed have Lupus.
    I now have two sores in my mouth. One is on the roof of my mouth, the other on my right cheek. I'm not sure what type of sores are common in Lupus, but it's strange that these came on while the rest of my symptoms are piling up.
    I'm thinking that I need to call my rheum. tomorrow and see if I can get in. My scheduled appt isn't until July 1st. I am supposed to have bloodwork in a week.
    What do you think? Call early?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

shepardgirl sorry to hear you are feeling ucky. I get the bumpy rashes all over too. Soooo annoying because all I want to do is scratch and scratch and scratch. really innapropriate looking in public! I also have joint issues. In fact, I popped onto this forum tonight to see what others have done about their joint pain cuz my elbow is hurting really bad right now. I think you should call the dr and insist that you would like your appointment moved up so she can see you in a flare. And take pics of your rash in case it disappears or changes before you get to se the dr. I've done that for a while on my cell phone and it's come in very hand at dr's offices. Also, there is a link between mouth ulcers and lupus. This is a good site that someone else recommended to me.
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/medical/med_co...atures_sle.asp
    good luck with your appointment. i hope you feel better soon.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.