Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Vacation or not to vacation

Thanks

Go and have a great Vacation!! Stay covered with protective clothing and sunscreen and dip in the shade as much as possible! Enjoy your time with your family and have a great time!!!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Thanks so much to everyone that posted a reply! I took all of the suggestions offered and I had a great time with my family! I actually found an SPF 85 (didn't even know that existed), found lots of shade, drank lots of water, and I listened to my body! My family was just so happy for me to be there- I have felt so bad lately that when I told them I needed to rest- they completely understood! I am so thankful that I found this forum!

Thanks

I'm so happy to hear your good news. And thankful it worked out so well for you. Sounds like you had a really fun family vacation. It's wonderful you have a family that loves and cares for you.

With Lupus, you learn how to appreciate the times that you feel good, or at least okay enough to participate in activities that are important to you. And you make sure and grab those special moments and make wonderful memories with them. Memories that will help you get through the tough times that may lie ahead.

Good job on the sunscreen. I actually found one a few weeks ago with 100+ spf. I was amazed. It's Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with Helioplex. I love it! This one is almost dry to the touch after applying. I don't like the greasy coating most sunscreens leave on you. And this one has a nice scent too. So far it's given me great protection. I found it at Target....and it's a little spendy at $9.99 for 4 oz., but I think it's worth it.

I'm glad you found this forum too....there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here and some wonderful people that are willing to share it. You are now among friends....

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh such good news.Glad you found this forum too my friend.Well done!!

love
    Amandaxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lovemygirls2,

so glad you went on vacation with your family....i know it made them feel good to have you along. Sounds like you did a great job of protecting yourself, so give yourself a gentle hug.

i have used the sunblock by neutrogena that is 100 spf, and it really works. It is not greasy, and it enables me to be outside a little....i recommend it...thanks lori for sharing your target shopping skills with us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Welcome and you have had so much advice given to you and it is all amazing advice and suggestions. I am so happy you had a wonderful vacation! Our disease can be hard on our family members and you found a way to make it work so you could go on vacation and devote your time to you kids.They will remember that and always be thankful......good choice and keep us posted on how you are feeling and what everyone finds out!!!!!!!!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time on vacation and that you were able to enjoy time with your family. I am leaving July 6th and am definately going to get some Nutrogena spf 100 for the trip!! A little nervous about all of the walking, but at least I will not be dodging the sun as much!!

Thanks

WOO HOO !!!!!!! Im so glad for you and your family that it went well!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

100 SPF!!!! WOW i didnt even know that existed!!
    The highest i have ever had is 30 SPF lol, maybe i need to find some higher ones for summer! Trouble is, im allergic to so many sunscreens, that i have to take that in to consideration also! I think i shall start to be on the look out! After all, last summer we had over a week at 40+ degrees celcius...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

I didn't know it existed, either!! I'm totally going to get some for my beach trip next month!!!! I've just used the 60SPF that I put on my daughter!

So glad you went on your trip. Out of curiosity, what kind of brain surgery did you have? I've had surgery too...mine was to remove a large aneurysm-type growth called an AVM. Fun fun fun...not!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."