Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Vacation or not to vacation

Thanks

Default brain surgery

I had what is called posterior fossa decompression. I have a condition called Chiari Malformation. Basically my skull is too small for my brain (or I like to say I just have a big brain!) Over my 33 years of life my brain began to herniate down into my spinal column. It (yes my actual brain) was herniated 10 mm which was blocking the flow of spinal fluid, putting pressure on my spine, and my brain stem. So- the surgery- they removed a 3 inch diameter piece of my skull basically to give my brain more room to be (its weird cause I really have like a "soft spot" in the back of my head now- you can feel the missing bone) The NS also opened up the covering of my brain (dura) and sewed in a synthetic patch to also give my brain more breathing room! Sounds crazy- huh??? That was 8 months ago!!! So that is the crazy brain surgery I have had! Wild- right!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

damnation girl,

i have never heard of such....how wonderful that they could perform such a delicate surgery. How are you doing now? I can not imagine the fear that you faced during that entire process....what bravery. So glad you have 2 girls to love so much. you deserve every ounce of love that you receive.

i am so glad that you joined our family.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Oh my goodness...what an amazing surgery! I was cringing while I read the details. eek!

I, for one, am very thankful that we have such incredibly knowledgable and dedicated doctors today that can do these kind of surgeries and repair such major problems in our bodies and allow us to live our lives with our families and loved ones.

I'm glad to hear your's was a success.....scary as it sounds....makes me think you must be one tough and courageous lady!

Happy for your success!

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I am doing well after my surgery! I had an amazing doctor that was so knowledgable!! It was a blessing from God to find my neurosurgeon! It was actually through a forum similar to this one that I found the amazing surgeon! I have an wonderful family also! My daughters, husband, parents, sister- they all made my speedy recovery possible! I am very thankful!! Now- that problem is solved and I get to figure out a new thing- But- that's ok! We will get it figured out!! My rheumy appointment is in 2 weeks and maybe something will be figured out! Until then- I pray good days for all of you!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great news and you are so blessed to have found such a skillful and knowledgeable surgeon. I hope that, at you next appointment, you will have even more answers with the promise of effective treatments.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Oh my goodness, bless your heart. WOW, what an ordeal to go through! ANd it wasnt even that long ago! Im so happy it turned out well for you. Im glad you found us and i hope you are getting the rest that you NEED and DESERVE. Gentle Hugs XXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette