View Poll Results: What causes your Depression lupus? Prednisone?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prednisone or other medicine

0 0%
  • LUPUS

7 50.00%
  • combination of both

6 42.86%
  • dont get depressed

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: been depressed i guess?

Thanks

Talking Thanks dsunshine

Quote Originally Posted by dsunshine View Post
    I have to weigh in on this one...FIRST you are not his mother...your his wife. I understand how you feel as my granny is the same way. She expects me/family to be the working mule she is and has been all her life. My granny is 85 years old, she washes her own car, paints her own house inside/out, cuts her own lawn, goes to church EVERY Sunday, cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner and never missed a day of work! She expects us to be the same but I am not from that generation and obviously neither are you. Yeah, we probably could do all these things but to be honest...I just don't want to and now with Lupus even if my mind says I can do it...my body says YEAH RIGHT! So don't feel bad and don't apologize. You never asked for Lupus and neither did I. I don't recall EVER standing in line for the LUPUS ride and now that I am on this ride I try everyday to get off of it...I pray to get off...and get on the REMISSION FOREVER ride!!! Your husband is there physically but emotionally he isn't which is just as bad as not being there at all. My boyfriend left when I was diagnosed and I thought he really was going to be there for me but better he left then...then after we got married. Please be strong and pray on it. I am here if you need to vent or need someone to be angry with you!!!
    Love and hugs!!!
    Just remember your feelings are not debateable!!!
    I totally agree, and I cant help having Lupus, Alcohol abuse is a choice, atleast in the beginnng! Bless you sweetie! I hope you have a great night!
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

awww Kathy...I am sorry you have been feeling so down...I am so there with you...my hubby tries to be there for me, but he isn't...it is only when something potentially dangerous is happening when he starts to think about not wanting me to die that he starts to act sweet and take care of me...I agree...you didn't ask for this illness and like DSUNSHINE, I didn't wait to get on this ride, either... try not to apologize for feeling bad....

....Hey someone point me to the lifetime remission ride, will you....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Amen! to that! haha Thanks sweetie! I started prozac this morning maybe it will help some how. Hugs kathy

Philly! originally from North/Central Jersey
    Thanks

Kat- I am 100% with you because I feel selfish at times too! I moved to my area for school and now work but don't have many people I can count on close by and it freaking sucks and I start to pity myself then I get mad at myself for being selfish and it cycles. Thank god for my cat! haha

I'm a therapist myself so I always see the benefit of seeing a therapist and mine has helped me greatly just become more assertive for my needs and look at to see if my needs are realistic. its all normal what you're feeling!

Dsunshine- i always love your posts! I read them and you always seem to be on the same page as me haha You rock and cheer me up so much! Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks! i have been on prozac, with zero change, except now the cellcept i take makes me have anxiety! So now I have have to take antianxiety medicine too! When does this cycle of pills pills pills ever end! Sucks Hugs kathy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ok so is it bad when your rheumatologist walks into the room and says "i'm concened about your psychological health, i think you're depressed."?!?!?! that's bad.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

Been there done that! ugh!lol