Thread: Do I still have SLE???? Did I recovered???

Thanks

Default Do I still have SLE???? Did I recovered???

Hi,

I'm 26 yrs old and is new to this board and I seriously need some advise....

Last year I was diagnosed with moderate SLE which have caused POF (Premature Ovarian Failure). But my doctor did not put me on any medication for SLE. I'm currently only put on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) by my gynae.

My Blood test results showed the following last year:-
    Anti-nuclear Antibody Titre: 320 (Nucleolar pattern)
    ds-DNA Antibodies: Negative
    ESR: 22 MM/HR
    Anti-Cardiolipin Antibodies - Complement 4: 53

I recently did another follow-up blood tests that shows the following results:-
    Anti-nuclear Antibody tire: <80 (Antinuclear activity not detected!!! :shock: )
    ESR: 12 MM/HR
    Anti-Cardiolipin Antibodies - Complement 4: 51 (still over normal range)

Does this result shows that I have recovered??? I don't really understand it... Does that mean my POF will recover? Will it come back again??

Can anyone help me here???.......

Thanks

Wow, great test results!

I think you need to ask your doctor those questions. Maybe SaySusie can pop in and give you more information, my thought is that you're probably in remission, which is wonderful and can go on for a long time.

Hugs of happiness for you!

Thanks

Did you have any other symptoms? SLE can go into remission.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi NWTYNG :lol:
    It has been long recognized that systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), even when severe, may go into remission whether spontaneously or under the influence of treatment and can require no further treatment for some time, or even indefinitely. The frequency, recurrence, and duration of remissions have not been determined, nor have the factors that may influence their occurrence or the characteristics of patients in whom remissions are more likely to occur. What is known is that Lupus can go into remission; with or without medication. Some patients can achieve complete remission and some achieve incomplete remission. A total remission (without any symptoms, without abnormal blood work, without medcications) is not common, but it does happen.
    More commonly, a lupus patient will go into a period of less symptoms, often with medications. These remissions can last forever, or more commonly, a cycle of flare-remission-flare-remission.
    In most cases, Lupus is a disease that may have active and quiet (remission) periods. The active periods, sometimes called "flares" or "relapses," are when you have symptoms of lupus. A remission period is when you have few or no symptoms of the disease. A remission may last months or years, or you may not have remission periods at all.
    However, because the disease is "chronic", that generally means that it is with us for a lifetime..either in remission or in flare.
    Hopefully, your remission will be on that lasts for years and years and, maybe, you will be one of the lucky ones who never suffer another flare!
    Congratulations on your test results and your obvious remission.
    We are all happy for you :lol:
    Saysusie

Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REPLIES! It's kinda odd for me cos I didn't go on any medication AT ALL. But I've been taking some supplements on my own. hhmm... not sure if that did wonders. :?:

Does this mean my POF is gone????

Thanks

:?: POF :?:

I'm drawing a blank as to what that means...

Thanks

POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) -from the first post

Hurray for the good news! I also was relieved of symptoms initially from supplements. Now avoiding certain foods is helping as well.