Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Stuff

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Too Much Stuff

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday and today I have been unloading myself of stuff. It's bad enough to be overwhelmed with lupus, but combine it with too much stuff and it's unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what I have, but I live in a one bedroom apartment There simply isn't room for all this clutter. Also, it gets to the point that I can't even think anymore with all the clutter and combine that with the lupus brain fog and it can get pretty bad. Then the next thing I know I am losing my keys or purse somewhere and then I have real problems.

I see tonight on the Learning Channel they are going to have the story of some woman who has collected things for over 35 years and doesn't have any room in her house for anything anymore and her family says, "It's either them or the trash." Thank God I haven't gotten to that point yet. I couldn't believe how many bags I filled with stuff though to give away and take to the trash bin. It was unbelievable!! The show "Clean Sweep" inspired me this time to take action.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drink,

how is your clutter cleansing coming along? I occassionally do the same thing, and am always amazed at how much better i feel when i can walk through my home and not see a million things that i need to do. Hope you are enjoying your space.

how nice it would be if clean sweep could come in an help you....be careful and don't over work yourself.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

For now, I have done all the "clean sweeping" I am going to do for awhile. I am getting tired. I have a big closet to sort, organize and "clean sweep" another day. But now I am going to watch TV and relax for a bit. I had a bunch of stuff on my dining table and I feel better now because I put a new table cloth on it, a vase with flowers, and some table mats I found when I was cleaning up the clutter.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is always good to purge. Growing up my mom made my sister and I do it at least twice a year...clothes/paper/shoes/junk. I do it as an adult as well. Helps keep me sane and I just like a clean house/closet etc. Your right as it can be a bit much dealing with clutter with brain fog and Lupus! Hope it helps you out!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i clean stuff out twice a year, at least. i can't stand clutter. good luck cleaning it out. i donate a lot to good will. i always felt cramped in my apartments, i'm now in a house and have a lot more room to spread out. yay!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

You go girl! But not to much at once. I know it will make you feel better! i have 4 kids and tons of junk stashed everywhere!! ugh!! HUgs Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

WOO HOO to the cleaning of the clutter!!!! I know i always feel better to clean things out! They say that if you havent worn it or used it in a year then its time for it to go!!! Im like Micromedic, i clean things out at least 2-3 times a year. I also give it to good will or the salvation army. See, that way everyone feels good!!! Look at it as giving to the less fortunate for motivation!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

how did your cleaning spree go????

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So far the cleaning spree has not only cleared the clutter, but cleared my head a bit too. Thanks for the inspiration you all gave me.

Thanks

WOO HOO to the clearing of the head as well!!!!! Thats ALWAYS a plus now isnt it!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette