Thread: hospital again

Thanks

Question hospital again

well rushed to emergency department again last night twice in a month kidneys playing up white blood cell count up indicates infection also am late menstrating and nausea they ask if i thought i could be pregnant said no way husband had vasectomy 13 years ago that is when i recieved big shock doctor said they still had to test as there have been cases of women falling pregnant years after vasectomy not fullproof i am in total shock still waiting for results of test i really do not think i could baby now i am 44 years old last pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 20 weeks they now belive it was because of my lupus i am very scared can anyone tell me could i miss menstrating due the severe flare up with my lupus i am having now or could the fact that rheumotologist is reducing prednisone be the cause has anyone had these symptoms any ideas would be appreciated as i am becoming very stressed and worried.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kim,l View Post
    well rushed to emergency department again last night twice in a month kidneys playing up white blood cell count up indicates infection also am late menstrating and nausea they ask if i thought i could be pregnant said no way husband had vasectomy 13 years ago that is when i recieved big shock doctor said they still had to test as there have been cases of women falling pregnant years after vasectomy not fullproof i am in total shock still waiting for results of test i really do not think i could baby now i am 44 years old last pregnancy ended in stillbirth at 20 weeks they now belive it was because of my lupus i am very scared can anyone tell me could i miss menstrating due the severe flare up with my lupus i am having now or could the fact that rheumotologist is reducing prednisone be the cause has anyone had these symptoms any ideas would be appreciated as i am becoming very stressed and worried.
    I really don't know, because I was diagnosed two years ago, at age 51, I was alraedy in menopause. But I can imagine, that a bad flare can interfere with your cycle. Whatever you do, do not get to worried or stressed, it will make your flare worse. I know, it is easier said than done. I hope everything workes out for you.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kim,

I don't have definitive answers for you, but I can tell you what I've gone through. I have had nothing but issues w/my periods since being sick! Right now, I'm late by a couple of weeks. I have thought several times that I was pregnant. I had my tubes tied 11 yrs ago, so this would be a suprise for me also! I went to Gyn yesterday, a new one, and she said that she has several patients w/Lupus who also have issues w/their cycles due to flares. Remember that our hormones love to mess w/us and can get off kilter due to the slightest thing, let alone a Lupus flare! The nausea could also be due to the flare. I hope this helps a little to calm your fears, although I know nothing is as relieving as a "-" when you need it. I hope you feel better soon. Gentle Hugs!
    Lauren

Thanks

I am on the pill, and even still, last month my period was 3 days late, and was 'barely there'. I dont know whether it has been the medication, the lupus or just a random thing, but definately not normal for me, especially being on the pill.
    Good luck with your results...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

Sorry for your troubles. Definitely try to remain calm so your flare doesn't get any worse. Remember, you can't change the test results...they are going to be whatever they are going to be. Stress and worry won't have any positive effect on what you are going through. So, take a deep breath and let's hope everything is ok. I have faith there is nothing you can't handle. Keep us posted.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Hi Kim! Sorry you're dealing with this! I wanted to tell you that i too have had period issues since being sick. Its like im either starting early, having 2 in one month, spotting when im far from being due to start or having severe PMS ever. UGH! I would have to say that "yes" i believe it messes with our periods
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Sending you gentle hugs.

love
    Angel.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx