Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drs. ego before patients well-being,AGAIN

Thanks

Angry Drs. ego before patients well-being,AGAIN

I cant believe what happened to me yesterday with my neurologist! Carl and i went to her because we have concerns about all of my neurological problems that are just getting WORSE by the day, especially with these viruses my bodies trying to fight off. From what ive learned an MRI, CT scan, and an EEG of the brain can show up normal in people with Lupus so they recommend a PET scan and other neuropsychological testing which can show the blood flow abnormalities in our brain. I have so many symptoms of vasculitis along with many other symptoms of it attacking my CNS as well so we asked her if she could prescribe one for us. She actually said "NO" to us. SHe said we DONT tell HER what WE WANT, SHE TELLS US what SHE THINKS I need done! SHe said she would give me the MRI, well HELLO, i HAD that done already!!! SHe looked it over my LAST visit WITH ME! DUH! SHe said well do it again cuz SHE said so. OMFG!!!!! It came back OK, thats WHY i want the PET you idiot! Carl said, "so wait a minute here, you're telling us that we cant get the PET done because WE want it done?" SHe said UH HUH! Carl said "but you will prescribe a test thats already BEEN done that shows nothing". He then said " if it comes back normal again THEN will you prescribe it?". SHe said "NO, because it didnt come from me"! OMG!!! We were floored! She proceeded to tell us that she doesnt see all of my symptoms we told her about in me as i sit there in front of her, so how can she BELIEVE us that i have them all!!!!! OMG again!!!! She then told Carl "You can video her when she gets them all and then bring it to me and maybe then ill believe you get these symptoms"!!!! WOW!!!! We just looked at each other and he said "You've got to be f***ing kidding me, because Jeannette doesnt have EVERY symptom at this moment you want me to video her and bring it to you?" "YES". Carl looked at me and said " We're done f***ing around here with her an her ego, lets go". He helped me off the table and i looked at her and said 'you're supposed to do everything possible to HELP your patients and its so sad that your EGO is bigger than your concern for the ill".
    There was actually MORE that happened as well, believe it or not, this was nutshelled! LOL Sorry its so long guys!!!! Carl and i have been dealing with egos time and again and its pathetic. This one REALLY took the cake though! Just had to vent and share!!! THANK YOU for listening!!!!!!
    Last edited by lucky7; 06-09-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Exclamation I tottaly undrstand!

I hate the freakin God complex, theses Drs have like they can never be wrong, and that if u question them, they say your a hypochondriac, and just angry and depressed! I have had one tell me to shut up b4! I am sorry you, went thru this junk again! I am glad your hubby stood up 4 u. Mine just set there, and even agreed one time when the idiot said it was all in the mind!! hugs KAthy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

AWWWWW, THANK YOU SWEET KATHY!!!! SO sorry you were told to shut up!!! OMG!!! JERK!!!! Sorry your hubby agreed with the docs one time as well! NO NO NO!!!! Thats just NOT RIGHT!!! Im coming with you and im gonna RALLY with you KATHY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Ill pick u up b4 my rhuem 2morow! haha!! Actually hes the only Dr I like! Ill pick u up for my Uro. on 16th! Be waiten outside! lol hugs
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Ill be waiting Kathy!!!!!! LOL Here you come to get me!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Jeanette,

I so understand this appointment experience....ive had many similar.Can you imagine....in the beginning for me....they said i had depression as i sat there with no hair and swollen blue legs
    You keep strong and get some attitude....its what they understand.Be quiet,shy and obey them...they get rid of you quick and dont listen...like me.Get tough,have an attitude and demand.....they listen and will treat you.Hope you find a good Doctor and soon my friend.

Right this is what i think of that doc today.......Angel shows her butt again

lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

LOL!!! Love you and thank you Amanda! TOO FUNNY!! You made me laugh!!!!! Yeah, Carl and i are getting pretty good at telling drs where they can go these days!!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Jeanette...that is so awful! ((((Hugs))))sweetie. (((Hugs)))) to Kathy and ((((Angel)))) too.

I applaud your hubby! Way to go Carl!!! And what you said at the end was perfect, sweetie! You go girl. Don't take that crap. Can you get your money back? I'd be demanding it back.

My new pcp and I had a small chat about doctors like this. She said some people get into the medical field to help others, some get in to only fund their research and don't know how to treat patients, and others are in it just for the money/career. It's awful we can't screen these people before we pay money to visit them.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMG!!! Now you KNOW how much I HATE arrogant, meglomaniacal doctors with GOD complexes!! Lucky7, it is so fortunate that neither my husband or myself were there because I would be asking all of you for bail money!! I am barely containing myself as I sit here now! I want to go out and find this woman and literally
    You get my drift! I am so proud of you and your husband for standing up to her and for not letting her get away with her arrogance! Are you members of an HMO?? If so, PLEASE report her immediately and demand another doctor. She can't repeat tests just because she refuses to do what you want? Who is supposed to pay for the repeated test? You? And the video?? I am just speechless with anger right now! This woman is an IDIOT! She is a perfect example of what I call "An Incompetent Intellect".. a person with book smarts but who is as dumb as a rock!
    Again, my hat is off to you and your husband .
    I do hope that you report her and that you find a competent doctor! Whew, let me go get a glass of wine to get my blood pressure back down!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 06-09-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Wow, sorry to hear you had to go through that. It's weird, but I have found that women doctors tend to want to blow off my symptoms and even my diagnosis more than men doctors. Not saying there aren't good ones, but most I have had treat me like I'm a drug seeking fake. I had a rheumy question my diagnosis and treat me like I was drug seeking a couple of years ago in my first visit to her because she couldn't see anything wrong with me. I had told her I was medically controlled at this point in my life, listed all my previous history, etc. Because I had no problems moving, walking etc. she said I was only there to get drugs from her and she didn't even think I had Lupus. Uh, I'm on plaquneil...that's it. No pain pills or anything. So I'm a druggie who likes anti-malarials for the high it gives me? Her staff even refused to give me a copy of my bloodwork as I stormed out because "The Dr. doesn't like to be bothered with patients who call with questions". I told them not to worry, I would never step foot in front of that quack again loudly in front of a room of patients waiting to be seen and walked out.

Can you find another neuro possibly?