Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help, I am in pain.

Thanks

Default Please help, I am in pain.

For a couple of weeks now I have something going on with my fingers on my right hand. It goes like this, I wake up in the middle of the night, because my fingers hurt real bad. When I wake up in the morning, my fingers are so swollen, that I can not make a fist, I can't open my hand or close it. My fingers look like sausages. It is the middle and the ringfinger that hurts the most. After about three hours the swelling will go down somewhat, that is when the weird sensation starts, my middle and ringfinger feel like they are hot, from the inside, not hot to touch. It almost feels like they are thawing out from being frozen. I have a needle sticking pain in them. It hurts so bad.
    My question is, could it be scleroderma? I can't get into the docs office until next week. I do have lupus and RA, but this pain is different from the RA pain.
    Does anybody else have these kind of symptoms?

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    For a couple of weeks now I have something going on with my fingers on my right hand. It goes like this, I wake up in the middle of the night, because my fingers hurt real bad. When I wake up in the morning, my fingers are so swollen, that I can not make a fist, I can't open my hand or close it. My fingers look like sausages. It is the middle and the ringfinger that hurts the most. After about three hours the swelling will go down somewhat, that is when the weird sensation starts, my middle and ringfinger feel like they are hot, from the inside, not hot to touch. It almost feels like they are thawing out from being frozen. I have a needle sticking pain in them. It hurts so bad.
    My question is, could it be scleroderma? I can't get into the docs office until next week. I do have lupus and RA, but this pain is different from the RA pain.

Debbie
    Hi Debbie. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and what you are going through with this. I don't have any idea what it is and have had swelling and pain issues in my hands but nothing as extreme as what you are going through.

Hope the doctor knows and can get you some relief right away.
    Last edited by AyahsClan; 06-06-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Thanks

Hi Debbie,

I have SLE and RA as well, and had this happen a few weeks ago. My rheumy told me to take two extra-strength Tylenol on top of my usual Clinoril (I'm maxed out on the doseage for that), and that helped significantly...along with ice, rest, and elevation.

Hoping you find relief soon...
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

Thank you Ayah and Carrie,

I also have SLE and RA, I am taking the the max. of NSAIDS and it still doesn't help. As I am sitting here, my fingers are throbbing and when I let my arm dangle, the pain gets less, elavating it makes it worse. I also have to go to work today, with this pain.

Debbie

Thanks

Debbie -

So sorry for your suffering. I just wanted to tell you I am thinking about you. Take care. Hope you get some relief very soon.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im sorry to hear about this.Call your doctor for advice and lots of help.Dont know whether its the same as me but recently ive had....:-

Fat fingers
    Fat face
    Fat legs
    Swellings on leg muscles
    numbness in arms n hands n fingers
    Fat rib cage

Doctor gave me meds and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.....just a thought...but ask the Doc he knows best...and may not be what i have...who knows? The Doctor!!!!

Hope you ease soon and im sending you gentle hugs
    love
    Angel.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post

Debbie
    Oh wow, this sounds so familiar to what I'm going through however both my hands are now involved. Are you noticing any changes in color in your hands?

The rheumy says that I have developed raynaud's phenomenon. It wakes me up in the night with tingling and pain, the best way I can explain it is that it reminds me of when your hands "fall asleep" but the pain and tingling is almost double. If I try to elevate my hands, the pain seems to get worse. I find myself hanging my arms over the side of my bed to make the pain and tingling stop, but then of course the swelling gets worse, which in turn causes more pain (nice vicious cycle). It makes it a nightly game of tossing and turning in search of some position that provides temporary relief just to get some sleep

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
    Oh wow, this sounds so familiar to what I'm going through however both my hands are now involved. Are you noticing any changes in color in your hands?

The rheumy says that I have developed raynaud's phenomenon. It wakes me up in the night with tingling and pain, the best way I can explain it is that it reminds me of when your hands "fall asleep" but the pain and tingling is almost double. If I try to elevate my hands, the pain seems to get worse. I find myself hanging my arms over the side of my bed to make the pain and tingling stop, but then of course the swelling gets worse, which in turn causes more pain (nice vicious cycle). It makes it a nightly game of tossing and turning in search of some position that provides temporary relief just to get some sleep
    Hi Stacy,

Reading this, is like you have described my nights. This is exactly how my nights go, I too let my arms hang over the side of the bed, that is the only way to get some relief. My doc also thinks that I have raynauds.

Debbie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Debbie,

Have you found any answers or gotten some relief from this? I have had this happen before, and the pain/swelling responded fairly well to Naproxen, but you mentioned that Nsaid's didn't help you. I also get that deep burning pain in my forearms and shins, but I don't get the swelling. Lupus is just weird. I hope you are doing OK.

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Debbie,

Have you found any answers or gotten some relief from this? I have had this happen before, and the pain/swelling responded fairly well to Naproxen, but you mentioned that Nsaid's didn't help you. I also get that deep burning pain in my forearms and shins, but I don't get the swelling. Lupus is just weird. I hope you are doing OK.

Rob
    No, I have not gotten any relief, it is still going on. It now even happends when I am driving, but if I let my arm hang down, it relieves the pain and the numbness. The doc gave me Lidocain, for circulation, it does not help. The funny thing is Lidocain is also prescribed for hemorrhoids, lol.

Debbie