Thread: chest pain and shortness of breathe

Thanks

Default chest pain and shortness of breathe

Hi everyone,

I hope you're feeling better today.

I went to the Pulmonolist last week and yesterday I got an Heart Echogramm done. He ordered also a Lung Scan for in case there is an lung embolia, but I'm so glad there is no embolia. I see that there is more going on at their faces after the lung scan.

My question is:

Can they see on a Heart Echogramm when there is plearisy or inflammation from the lining from the heart?

I still have chest pain and it's so dificult specially at night or when lying down in bed.

Is it common that the lung involvement causes also swelling on one side of the face? I'm not taking any medication with prednisolone, that's why I'm wondering.

Thanks so much

Margie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Margie, I feel so bad for you. I don't have any answers, but just wanted to send you ((((hugs)))).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, doctors can determine if there is pericardial effusion from a heart echocardiogram. Echocardiogram is a test that uses sound waves to create a moving picture of the heart. The picture is much more detailed than x-ray image and involves no radiation exposure. Pericarditis is an inflammation of the pericardium, which is the sac that surrounds the heart. The pericardium normally functions to protect the heart and reduce friction between the heart and surrounding organs. Pericarditis may be accompanied by pericardial effusion, which is fluid accumulation in the pericardial sac.
    Doctors can also use an electrocardiogram - Pericarditis and pericardial effusion produce distinctive patterns on an electrocardiogram.
    Also, an echogram can be used to determine if there is pleurisy (an inflammation of the pleura, the lining of the pleural cavity surrounding the lungs).

I have never heard of pleurisy causing the face to swell on one side. This is something that I think you should discuss with your doctor as it might be serious.

I hope that I've been helpful, please let me know if you need anything further!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!