Thread: Two Root Canals tomorrow and sons Graduation Saturday!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Red face Two Root Canals tomorrow and sons Graduation Saturday!

I need prayer, I have been fighting major infections for months now. From stomach to skin and now I have two bad teeth that needs root canals. The dentist don't want to wait as I am now back on Imuran and antibiodics so tomorrow morning they are going to do both teeth. (Upper Left and Lower right).

The big thing is that Saturday is my oldest sons HS graduation. We are expecting 20 -30 out of town relatives to show up. My son has learning issues and has been in special education since before Kindergarten so for him to be graduating on time and with a slightly modified diploma with a 3.65 gpa all four years with little assistance is a major accomplishment in this young mans life.

When he entered kindergarten we were told he was severly mentaly retared and he would never be able to tye his own shoes let alone be on his own or drive a car or talk properly. Well he proved them wrong. He has a job, he is driving, he can tie his own shoes, talk & for fun he trains & shows dogs in 4H as a hobby. He can read at an 8th grade level and has done algabra with very little help from anyone he excelled in Band and JROTC.

I don't want to be sick or hurting this weekend I want to enjoy watching my son get his diploma and celebrate with the rest of the family! We are so proud of him for not quiting when school got tough but hanging in there. It hasn't been easy for him or us but he did it and now we get to celebrate.

I hate that I have to have two root canals tomorrow but at least I will be able to eat again (eating this last week has been extremely painful). Please be in prayer for me.

Thank you
    Debbi

Blog Entries
    Thanks

First off...Congratulations!
    I am sure you are so proud and I happy your son proved the doctors wrong! MIND OVER MATTER! He sounds like a wonderful person and a great student with that GPA. Saturday is going to be a wonderful Joyous day for you as his mom and your family! I wish you well with the root canals! Better sooner than later so you can eat again. Mouth, back, foot, and Lupus pain as far as I am concerned are the worse!
    You are in my prayers for healing and recovery so you can smile/laugh/cry as your son walks the stage for his accomplishments being the young man he was raised to be and has become!
    Congrats again!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh congratulations on your very lovely son.Well done.Yes i too had root canals done recently to be told i now have to have the 2 healthy teeth pulled out cause of my dodgy jaw.
    The root canals are not painful...just ache allot after.So if you make sure you ask your dentist to give you good pain meds to last you till after saturday i bet you do have a fab time.
    I will be sending numbness over the ocean to help you for saturday so you can enjoy and be a proud Mom.
    Thinking of you n Enjoy.
    love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default good luck

I have to tell you I am in the dental field so I am sure your root canal will be fine...follow all instructions!! Congrats on the graduate...what a huge accomplishment!! I have a daughter in 5th grade and...I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!! Can he come teach ME algebra??lolol.
    Enjoy your company.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Deb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. What an awesome time in your sons life! I am sure everything will be fine! I am with Angel . . . just take pain meds to get you through the weekend so you can join your son in celebrating painfree! I will send lots of prayers your way! I hope everything works out for you!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Debbi, my prayers are with you! The good thing about root canals is that it's an almost instant fix. No root, no pain! I've had several (damn Lupus mouth), and have never one had a bad experience.

I am so excited that you get to experience this blessed event with your son. He sounds like a truly outstanding young man!! Give him a hug from all of us!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."