Thread: 31 years :)

Thanks

Smile 31 years :)

Today is my 31st birthday. As I reflect back on another year gone, I am thankful to start today with a new slate. Not a clean one, mind you...but this is going to be the first year of the rest of my life. This is going to be the first full year that I know that I have Lupus.

It's been a long road to get here...trips to the ER, negative bloodwork, diagnoses come and gone, and frustration out the wazoo. However, it's been a trip worth taking. Looking back on all those hardships, I realize how much it has given me...it has taught me patience, grace, tolerance, and given me strength. Some days, I would think about giving up...not giving it over to God, but just seeing myself as a lost cause. I know I had to do that to really appreciate where I am now, and i had to do that to see just how much lower it would take me so that, when I did give my woes over to God, I could truly appreciate the difference it made.

We all are more alike than we realize. I look back over this forum and see the tales of years of frustration like mine, and see the smiles and struggles of today...even after our diagnosis. I am so grateful that I found all of you. I have received nothing but warm welcomes and great advice and friendship from everyone. This board has become a great tool in my fight to tame the wolf...and I appreciate all of you more than you know.

I look forward to 31 now as a stepping stone rather than a stumbling block. I look forward to being a Lupus patient that defies the odds and makes a turn for the better. I know that I have Lupus, but Lupus doesn't have me. I thank you all for letting me know that I have my own cheering section on bad days, and even on good days. This is a special, God-sent place...and I want you all to know that I consider your friendship one of the best parts of my birthday.

Blessings to you all!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carrie;
    First, let me wish you a belated Happy Birthday
    I am so glad that we have been able to help you and to reassure you that you can, indeed, live a fulfilled life with Lupus. You are right, we can have this disease but NEVER let this disease have us!
    What I love about our WHL family is the love, friendship, and support that each member is so willing to give to one another! This family has grown into much, much more that Conrad and I ever imagined and to hear that we've done what I hoped to do brings tears of joy to my eyes.
    Please know that we will be here with you at every step of your journey; to hold you up when you feel low, to comfort you when you are sad & in pain, and to let you know that you are never alone!
    Thank you for your kind words about WHL....

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile

Happy Birthday and God Bless You. Every day is what we make of it and how we are going to enjoy it. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Are you having some cake and eating it too? I hope so.

You are so right on about this site. It has become my strongest support system, the people here are like no where else.

Susie, THANK YOU. A forum is only as good as its founder and moderators. I'm so glad I found you.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

In the tune of stevie wonder....''HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA...HAPPY BIRTHDAY'' . Hope you have a fab day.

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Happy Birthday, I hope you had a nice one. I agree with you about this forum, even though I read more and don't write very often, I love this place.

Debbie

Thanks

Smile

Hi Carrie....we haven't met yet....I'm Lori

I'll take this chance to welcome you to WHL ...

and this one to wish you the very happiest of Birthdays....

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY!

AND MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH MANY MANY MORE...

HOPE YOUR DAY IS SPECIAL!

Hugs,

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 05-30-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Brain fog...

Thanks

Y'all are the best...seriously!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."