Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love & Lupus

Thanks

After reading your note, This song came to mind....

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
    Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
    That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
    It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
    Then we'll be together somewhere out there
    Out where dreams come true

And even though I know how very far apart we are
    It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
    Then we'll be together somewhere out there
    Out where dreams come true
    Last edited by Larz77; 05-31-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow what lovely words Larz77 i'm gone copy them and keep them thank you very much!! xxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi K. Grams,

I find that people with Lupus have some very positive personality traits that many so-called "normal", or healthy people don't have. People with Lupus have an incredible amount of empathy and understanding for other people and their problems. And people with Lupus have an ability to endure some pretty hard times-perserverence is a very important trait. And, I think because of the seriousness of what we have to deal with, we don't have time for BS from others nor do we give others BS. It makes people with this disease very down to earth, and really honest I think. And, you are a beautiful, intelligent young woman, and you have so much to offer. Someone will come along and discover all you have to offer, and will be the luckiest man in the world that day. Not everything Lupus does to us has to be bad. Just remember that you have just as much, and probably even more to offer than most people. Your self worth is a quantity that cannot be measured, because it is infinite, and it is priceless.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K.Grams View Post
    ..Love & Lupus..
    This is something that comes across my mind pretty often. I know I am very young being only 19 but I wonder if I will ever be able to find true love having Lupus.

It could just be when I'm depressed from having flares that I think about this but I'm not sure.

Why would someone want to be with me? Why would someone choose to put up with me and my illness? It makes me feel not good enough for anyone. How am I supposed to make someone happy if I can't even get out of bed most days? Why would someone want to be with me if my medical bills will cause them to fall deep into debt like it did my parents? Why would someone want to be with me if I cant go on nice long walks in the sun like normal people? Why would anyone want me? How am I ever supposed to get married and try to start a family if I cant even take care of myself or even attempt to pick up something remotely heavy most of the time? How am I going to find someone to love me regardless of how the medication I take affects my body?

It's kind of scary to think about..there is just so much to put up with on my own...how is anyone else supposed to handle it? Depression is a huge part of my Lupie Life and it gets the best of me
    Wow. I know exactly how you feel. My boyfriend and I started dating in January and since then I've had two surgeries and was diagnosed with SLE. I have often wondered why he's with me and why anyone would want to put up with me. He is the absolute most wonderful thing that could have ever happened to me. Every time I go to the doctor he's very involved and the medicines I'm on he researches and is concerned about the side effects. He's always there for me and cares about me unconditionally. He's amazing.

You will find someone that will care about you the same way. If the person you're with doesn't care about you in an amazing, unconditional way, he doesn't deserve you.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

All I can say is "Amen To That"!!!

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!