Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love & Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking

Hay K

i'm Heidi and a 29 year old single lupie loo and i have your thoughts quiet often but i like people have said before try to stay postive i have several saying around my house that remind me every day ones like

'yesterrday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why its called the present!' - this one is one of the one on my bathroom door and reminds me to take each day as it comes and enjoy the small things in it

i also find writing a list on a really bad day of everything you done from gettting out of bed to brushing your teeth to opening the curtains makes you relise you have done quite alot of things in that day just not relised it

i have another one on my bathroom door that says 'failure is when you fall and stay down and sucess is in not in never falling but rising up again and again and again and again' - and trust me when i say i know how hard it is rising up again and again some times but i think to myself i will rise but this time it might take me a bit longer than before

i have another in my kitchen quite long so i'll sumarise it basicly it about if your a banana be the best banana you can be cause no matter how much you wana be a plum you can only ever be a second rate plum ( hope you can understand that! maybe i'll put it in a thread one day!) - sooo your the only one that can be you noo one else and one day your going to find someone that is going to love you for you for every bit of you from head to toe no matter what illness you have!!

and finally i try when i feel like that to think why am i feeling like this and figure it out to be because i'm in a flare so tell myself it will be over soon and i just got to ride the wave and it will soon be over a bit likke the say lifes like a roller coaster you got to ride the downs to enjoy the highs

i hope this helps its what i use sometimes takes bit longer than other but i always comes out feeling better in the end!!!
    and always feel free to message me xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

First of all i want to say WOW you are beautiful!!! I know when sickness strikes,depression kicks in.That chatter in your mind is the depression talking.It can convince you...yes this is it...im on my own for life...noone will ever want me.But you know what.....you will be surprised.When you ''accept'' your sickness and begin to feel a touch better....life will not seem so bleak.
    A couple of nights ago, as i too suffer with depression and anxiety...i sat here typing messages to members.....i was so low.I am the patient who is feeling like a hypochondriac.I am that 1% who has'nt got the diagnosis of whats wrong with me.They say i have LUpus...then not....they say i have chronic fatigue syndrome...then not.....now again being tested for lUPUS again.I know even before the bloods come back....they'll say im 'normal'.I feel so sick and left a very nice life behind.Well nicer than now.
    I will admit something...and yes you and everyone will think...ooooooooow smelly girl.....but for 2 days i couldnt get out of bed.Depression and pain and life....oh i could not cope.Today in the UK we had our first Hot n sunny day.SO....i challenged depression....got up....finally had a bath then went shopping and then sat in the garden ....oh and had a pub lunch.I couldnt walk for swollen legs....but i felt good for doing it....knackered but good.So.....in the future.....take one day at a time.Think of only an hour ahead.Thinking to the future makes you worry...or with me it does anyway.You...one day....will find 'someone'.I know this cause i too thought like you.Then when i was'nt expecting it...found someone.....who likes me for me....illness and non bathing too lol.(I do bath every day...im not smelly all the time lol). So try not to predict the future......everything is already written....and you wont be alone.PLus....we are all here now...to help you along your journey.

Sending gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heidi and Angel,

you ladies really wrote from your hearts. Thank you both for sharing these parts of your lives with us. Your stories exemplify the ultimate level of compassion and i am grateful to be able to share with both of you.

K, i hope you are feeling better today,

Heidi, i love the "today is a gift" , i am going to find this for my home.

Angel, so so sorry about the pain, depression, etc....i was so hoping that you were doing better....hang in there, things have to get better.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks Phyllis.Im hopeful my time will come and those happy days will flow in.It sometimes feels embarrasing....that i carnt cope....but then i have a good day...like today...swollen legs....but they drag well . Thanks for being my friend.Your support always helps me.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ahh dear angel hope your swelling goes down soon i wonder if its the english weather my hands have been terrible lately and with the need to revise for exams in two weeks it a struggle doc have actually put in tests to see if affected my kidney cause of other system but i'm sure its nothing just stress of everything lately !!
    and phyllis thank you for kind words i ment every word of them dear K i do go throu those feeling quite often specailly latey as another boyfriend has bit the dust but i'm sure theres a bloke out there for as much as i'm sure theres one out there for me but in the mean time me and you are going to get our health to the best we can and enjoy every minute of singledom going out with the girlies when we can have pampering parties and so on!! so you hang in there girl and we're just be fine!! lots of love H xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Heidi....just remember ...Men are like shoes...we have to try on few before we get the right fit...then we grow into them.Takes time...no rush...but i know when the blues come and you also are sick....oh how we long for a cuddle.Those cuddles will come soon as you are so beautiful and have a fab personality too.You'll find the right one....when the time is right!

Lots of love
    Amanda,.xxxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Aaaah thanks amanda i know just those bad time you think there under a rock in japan or something but in the good time i know there just around the corner and i don't actually feel like i need that thou been thinknig of getting a dog for those cuddles at least they don't answer back but think its only for slefish reason and it would be fair to a dog considering i only got out twice this week and don't have mush of a garden soo insteada just trying to consontrate on these exams i got in two weeks and sort these health systems out!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

YOu've been through allot Heidi.Remember theres no rush...it'll happen when its ready to happen.Goodluck with the exams too.Hey.....maybe a kitten....shame isdm has given hers away already....but she still has Angel though.You take care....and well done for your strength you have....im going soon...so goodnight too.xxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yer her kittens were gorgeous but i'm alergic so that would be a noo go!!
    but thank you for luck going to need it!! lol
    well have good sleep i'm going soon as well!!
    sorry K for taking over your thread xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes im also sorry ....but it was done in a nice way.xxxxxxxx