Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of member named "Jessie"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

For once my foggy headed-ness has been a help. I got one from this spammer on the 7th. I thought she was just being friendly. I answered her question in reply and I never heard from her again. I thought that was strange. I never noticed the link until just now so I never clicked on it. Whew.

Dang spammers! What a heartless bunch!

Thanks Rob.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    For once my foggy headed-ness has been a help. I got one from this spammer on the 7th. I thought she was just being friendly. I answered her question in reply and I never heard from her again. I thought that was strange. I never noticed the link until just now so I never clicked on it. Whew.

Dang spammers! What a heartless bunch!

Thanks Rob.
    That's what really makes me angry about this sort of thing. This Jessie had half a dozen nice messages on it's profile page from people who I know, and some of whom I talk to almost every day here. Sincere words of concern, and acceptance. To see people's good will wasted on a person that might not even be a person, but an automated program that spends it's time finding ways to make money in a very dishonest way, for some scumbag who could care less, well, that's wrong in more ways than I can count.
    Last edited by rob; 05-29-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks

Thanks, she sent it to me.....
    Stupid people...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

Smile

thankyou rob for being a watchfull eye for all of us . it always amazes me that there are such cruel and insensitive people in this world who think its funny to prey on people who already have enough things to worry about our computers are very important part of our life it helps us communicate but to these people it just another tool to make money and wreak havoc be well rob thankyou kim l

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs up What would i do without rob

So, I've been laid up for a couple of days and missed this thread! So, I repeat, what would I do without ROB?????

Thank you ROB for being so diligent in caring for all of us here at WHL and for always being on top of our members needs as well as our protection!
    I didn't bother to look to see if I got a message from Jessie or if I responded to a message from her...Rob's warning was more than enough for me!
    However, I have to agree with Rob totally on the fact that there were some members who provided heart-felt assistance to this jerk. But, as my mother always says, there is some good in everyone and everything. As such, I am not at all surprised that members of this WHL family will ALWAYS be kind, genuine, and willing to give of themselves to help someone else. Unfortunately, we live in a world where there are too many "takers"...but that never daunts us in our desire to be "givers". So, I am singing the praises of each and every family member of WHL and giving another "shout out" to our esteemed moderator, Rob!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob,
    Thank you! I had a message from this person and just hadn't responded to it yet. I'm always a little leary of people that I haven't talked w/in the message board that send pm's.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey rob

thankfully i had never got one of these messages but most of all i'm thankfull you one of our virtual guardian angels looking down on us!! thank you for all the hard work you do on here for us and still being there in a caring friend compasity so thank you rob thank you for everytihng!! Hxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes.....i too want to say 'thank you' Rob for all the hard work you do here.We'd be lost without you.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i know of several times that Rob has saved one or all of us from the low-life cowards that try to prey on us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    So, I've been laid up for a couple of days and missed this thread! So, I repeat, what would I do without ROB?????

Thank you ROB for being so diligent in caring for all of us here at WHL and for always being on top of our members needs as well as our protection!
    I didn't bother to look to see if I got a message from Jessie or if I responded to a message from her...Rob's warning was more than enough for me!
    However, I have to agree with Rob totally on the fact that there were some members who provided heart-felt assistance to this jerk. But, as my mother always says, there is some good in everyone and everything. As such, I am not at all surprised that members of this WHL family will ALWAYS be kind, genuine, and willing to give of themselves to help someone else. Unfortunately, we live in a world where there are too many "takers"...but that never daunts us in our desire to be "givers". So, I am singing the praises of each and every family member of WHL and giving another "shout out" to our esteemed moderator, Rob!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Thank you Saysusie, and thank you to everyone,

I appreciate it very much, but I cannot take full credit for what I do here. There are some sharp eyes out there amongst our various members, and I believe every single legitimate member of this forum feels that this is a very special place. As a result, you are all very protective of this safe haven that we have here. Many of the problems brought here by spammers and other troublemakers are only discovered by me after a sharp eyed, and vigilant member brings it to my attention. So you all deserve thanks as well.

Rob