Thread: goverment housing

Thanks

Angry goverment housing

hi everyone well just letting you know how stupid people can be my occupational therapist asked for a shower recess to be put into my goverment house because i had a bath/shower and could not get in and out kept slipping because could not hang on to the rails due to muscle weakness and fatique just showering can be exhausting i know this is probably a normal thing for all of us with lupus but they just don,t get it instead they came and installed the rails in the wrong place and put another bath in said my bathroom was not big enough for shower recess so i am back to square one again having to wash myself in basin because cannot get into bath as i am having bad flare at the moment needing to use walking stick just to get around . i have now had to ask to be transfered to another house with shower recess and rails and no stairs have to go through all that beuracratic nonsense of getting more medical reports and reasons why i need to be transferred and i do know how long this will take and then go through all the packing and moving and setting up house again,and putting my daughter in new school just because they would not put shower recess in even though we talked to plumbers and they said that putting in the shower would be no problem sometimes i think these people just like to play god with other peoples lives sorry if i sound bitter i am grateful for the housing just venting about the stupidity of decisions sometimes it is just a lot of trouble to go to for a shower.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's just awful. I know that pain that accompanies just getting clean. I'm so sorry you've been done that way. I don't know what could be done about it. Surely there is someone that can be contacted about the screw up they made? Could you tell your therapist about what happened and maybe he/she can think of something that can be done about it? That would be awful to have to move. If there's room for a tub there has got to be room for the shower you need. That's ridiculous.

Thanks

Hi kim,l...

Hey have you ever tried using a shower bench transfer seat? You sit and slide into the shower..one part in the tub the other legs outside on the floor...

Here is link...maybe you can find something similar through your insurance...health care...

http://www.amazon.com/TRANSFER-ADJUS...3613352&sr=1-4

or..

http://www.amazon.com/Medline-Transf...f=pd_sbs_hpc_1

or...

http://www.themedicalclub.com/Slidin.../ehs-37561.htm

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Smile oluwa

yes i have but muscles are so weak cannot pull myself up and the rails are not in the right place so i fell the fatigue is making me weak and i find it hard but thankyou oluwa for your suggestion much appreciated love kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh kim, i am so sorry that you are having to deal with this shower problem plus the beurocracy of government housing inefficiencies. The government is not always the best at minding their own businesses. I wish there was an easy solution, hope you can get the help that you deserve without having to move.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

VENT Away! I do understand about the tub. I took a bath while having a flare and I was stuck for about 10 minutes when it was time to get out. Even the shower is difficult at times. Yeah, city/gov. people can be so difficult and cold sometimes but hopefully a miracle will happen and they will figure out it is better to just put in the shower rather than have you move!
    I hope you get better and can walk on your own soon!

Thanks

Default Hey Kim

Sorry you are having so much trouble. Perhaps you could obtain paperwork from one of the plumbers that said the shower could be installed and go back and present it to the bureaucratic idiots. Ask (politely) to speak with a supervisor, and explain that while installing a shower is in fact a viable option, moving is not a practical option for someone with your health in its present state. See if there is a social worker or counselor in your area that could advocate on your behalf. Also try contacting the Legal Aid office in your city. You might get some assistance there.

I hope you get this worked out soon. Wishing you well,

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.