Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Rastagirl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You've been missed Lori!

So sorry you have to have the surgery. It sounds grueling!

I'm glad the day was turned around into a beautiful ending.

I love your posts. I feel like I'm there, you write it so well. I was cringing at the details of the surgeries and relaxing reading the details of your lunch time. Lol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh my dear Lori,

So glad you sat and ate and drank and just enjoyed the beautiful day and the view.Sometimes doing that can clear your mind,put things in to order in your mind.We'll all be there with you...and now to give you support and strength to get through the surgery...which you know will help in the long run.I know they'll be pain,but you'll have good medicine....and all of us.

Sending you Massive hugs
    Love Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    hello dear friend,

ooooh what a day you have had. I just can't begin to tell you how very sorry i am about your pending surgery. Hopefully, the surgery will be 100% successful, and you will regain beautiful handwriting.....maybe you will even graduate to calligraphy.

Thank goodness for the shoulder block....wonder why it has taken them so many years to find this one. My daughter has had both shoulder and hand surgery (due to athletic injuries), and they were both so painful, sounds like the pain blocker will be the secret.

OMG what an incredible lunch, wish i was there. I started to drool when you were talking about the hot crab sandwich with artichokes..... OOOOO here i go again, drool is running down my chin. you deserved this feast and then some....hope you had desert.

your family of the sky will not let you face this alone.
    Thanks Phyllis for your kind words....unfortunately, calligraphy is not in the picture for me. That's something I had to give up long ago. It was something that was very important to me...that I loved to use as a hobby to make gifts for friends and family, and the terrible arthritis over the years has made it impossible for me to keep a steady hand. The surgery is not going to correct that, or make it any better. When they fuse the wrist, I'll lose what little mobility I have left. The doctor suggested I start learning to write with my left....and somehow I can't picture that kind of writing ever becoming beautiful enough for calligraphy. Plus my left hand is headed in the same direction, so I won't put myself throught the agony of learning a skill, just to have it taken from me again in a few years.

Sure wish you would have been there with me sitting on the terrrace of that restaurant yesterday...I would have loved having someone to talk to, to share the experience and enjoy that food. I had to pass on dessert though....I was so stuffed I nearly had to crawl back to my car.

Thanks for your support....

Lori

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by froggal View Post
    Oh Lori!! I am glad that you took time for yourself and just reflected on the day. You are a strong lady with great faith. Your father in heaven is on your side, and so am I! I love you and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there girl and stay positive . . . like you always do! (I was beginning to wonder if we were going to have to send a search party out looking for you!)
    Thank you, Angie...

I appreciate your kind words and support. I'm struggling hard to keep my positive attitude...just not feeling it today, though.

My feelings are running more towards anger....and loss. I'm feeling like Lupus has just taken so damn much from me....my hips, my voice, my airway, my self confidence, my strength and stamina, and now my hands.... When does it stop? Not anytime soon I'm guessing.

Lori

Thanks

Thanks also to you Abbasgirl and Angel...

You brought tears to my eyes after reading your kind words. I'm truly glad I have a few people to encourage me along the way....otherwise the path can be terribly lonely.

It will be good to take care of this....just wish it didn't have to be the surgery route. That always scares the hell out of me. Don't like the idea of things being opened up and rearranged. I like the way God made me.

Hugs to you both....

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lori,

i guess this is one of those occassions where humor just can't make things any better. We loose so much with lupus, and now to even loose your beautiful handwriting, it just is not fair. I am so very sorry that this has happened to you, and it is certainly understandable why a positive attitude would be impossible right now.

My heart is with you my friend.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Default You're amazing...

Most people approach surgery with doubt, fear, anxiety (all understandable emotions, to be sure). You, my friend, approach it with wine, crab meat, a lake......not only am I now very hungry, but I am convinced I should apply your approach to pretty much every adversity I face. Like taking out the trash, for instance.....

Have a nice weekend.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know that I am late participating in this thread. I've been keeping up with it however. I am sorry that you are facing yet another challenge which has lead to the need for surgery. I thought that fusing would lead to decreased use and I am sorry that this is the only outcome. But, you have such a positive attitude and such determination, I bet that you will surprise us all post-op
    I am so proud of you for taking an afternoon to treat yourself. Your lunch by the lake sounded so wonderful, I almost felt as if I were there. I totally agree with Pearl, you should give in-service lessons to us all about how to approach adversity!!

I hope that you are able to have an enjoyable summer, most of all, I am wishing you the best for your surgery and for you outcome! Take very good care of yourself!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thinking of you today Lori and hope you feel a bit better today.I know its scary....but i think god sometimes makes us with bits not right......its now up to the surgeons to put you right ......hopefully then....less pain....and then you'll feel good.My brother was born with dislocated hips.He had so many surgeries as a baby then had to wear splints for years.Now....he's fine.So you...with your wrist....it can be fixed...i know you'd rather not and wish it was ok anyway.....but it will be.

Lots of love n gentle hugs..have a good weekend if you can my friend.
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

AWWWWWW Lori!!! Im so sorry sweetie!!!!! Gosh, what an ordeal for you!!! At least you can enjoy your summer though! The nurses who get to be by your bedside are LUCKY!!! They will get a GOOD DOSE of our SWEET LORI to take care of!!! They will be blessed with your presence!!!! Youre always in my heart and my thoughts!!!!! XXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette