Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Time...

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey there Carrie, just wondering how things are going. I hope all is well, or at least tolerable. Say hello when you can.

Rob

Thanks

Hey all...sorry I didn't respond before now. In-laws are en route from NJ, so I've been cleaning like crazy.

Had a long LONG talk with Bill. It went very well...better than expected. I told him that I understood his frustration...but to try and hobble a mile in my shoes. To spend a day struggling to stand upright, with aching joints, barely able to stay awake, a mind that won't focus...and those are the GOOD days. I acknowledged his feelings, and asked that he do the same for me. He did concede that lately, my "good days" have been more numerous than my "bad days" (which I chalk up to a final understanding thanks to my long-overdue diagnosis)...and that he would do all that I can to help. He actually said, "I thought that saying 'I'm sorry' when you were first diagnosed would let you know how I feel about all this."

*facepalm*

But we're going to work more on our communication, and I gave him "permission" to be frustrated...I mean, I know it's going to happen for the both of us...but I told him that he needed to find a new way to deal with it. Projecting his frustration on me was counter-productive, actually made me WORSE (he did not know that stress can contribute to my symptoms), and that I would not tolerate it any more. Flat-out.

So far, so good. We will see how things go. I'm willing to take any crumb I can get!!

Thank you ALL for your stories and support. It's so wonderful knowing that I have a place to vent where everyone "knows my name"...in more ways than one. Y'all are the best!! xoxoxo
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry you have to deal with all this on top of flares! I hope everything works out for you both...having such a young beautiful little girl! Have you considered seeing a therapist that you both can go to and talk it out? It might help!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad the talk went that well. I'll be praying the communication keeps on growing.

When my family saw me stressed out enough and the after effects... well, I think the last three ER trips helped them realize how much stress Mom can take! So we're all learning better ways to cope with stress...whether we like it or not. Lol.

I'm so glad Bill listened to you.