Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor problems...

Thanks

Default Doctor problems...

This is a griping session just to warn everyone!

I'm so sick and tired of doctors not cooperating with me because I don't have health insurance. I'm out of medicine as of 8 pm tonight when I take my night time dose, and my doctor won't call me in more or call in a cheaper medicine until I come in to see him. It cost me $358 every time I just walk in his office and he wants to run bloodwork that I cannot afford. I tried to tell him I couldn't afford the neurontin anymore, so I did some research online and they can treat fibro with amitriptyline, but he won't call it in for me until I come back in to see him. My GP might would call it in, but his office is closed until Monday for maintainance (they had a pipe break and flooded their office). I am about to be completely out of medicine for half a week because the doctor won't give me the medicine I need. The medicine doesn't fix me, but it at least allows me to function. Thank God I finally graduated or I woudn't be able to finish school. I'm going to have to completely start over with the medicine to get it back up to the levels I'm at now. I'm so angry right now that I'm crying. I'm so sick of doctors. I just want to be normal. I just want to have ONE day without pain. I really don't think that's too much to ask for. I don't know what else to do. I can't sleep for five days, and I'm supposed to be finalizing wedding stuff and mailing out invitations, but I'm not going to be able to because I'm going to be very ill. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Amanda im so sorry you are so sick and running out of meds.This Doctor of yours,does he not have an emergency number? Can you not pay weekly or until you get money in this emergency? I find that so bad.You see in the UK we have NHS where we pay monthly through our salary and when you get sick you gets meds free as you have already paid into the system kind of thing.
    I understand how desperate you are feeling.But i am sure someone here may be able to come up with a better solution as i dont fully understand your healthcare.

Sending you gentle hugs
    love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks for the well-wishes. The only thing I could do right now is go to the Emergency Room at the hospital and wait hours to possibly NOT get a 'script. They usually don't like to give out medicine that you can get from your doctor. I may just have to wait 'til Monday. I'll keep you guys updated though. I'm just still VERY angry and trying to calm down.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

But you are ill and have Lupus ...isnt that emergency enough? They could give you enough meds till Monday once you tell them about your Doctors place being shut? But yes the wait in the hospital, i do understand that.Hope you are ok till then if you do wait.Im thinking of you.

love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi amanda,

i can't believe this is happening to you...i am so sorry you are dealing with all of this mess with the drs. Forget your rheumatologist, he obviously has no compassion. About your GP, is there an emergency number for the office that you can call? Can you leave a message - maybe the office is checking calls.

Also, lime angel said....go to the er (just endure the wait), and see if they will write you a script for a few days....don't know if it will work, but maybe they could even get in touch with your GP -

also, sometimes my drugist will give me a few days of a script to hold me over until dr. can call in the script....is this an option?

keep searching until you find a compassionate ear....i know you don't feel like fighting this fight, but try really hard to stand up for yourself one more time.

please keep us posted, maybe others will more ideas.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Well, I will go to the ER as a LAST resort. I have another prescription at the pharmacy that I could fill, but I was going to the GP to get a different medicine because the Neruontin is $93 for half a month and I just cannot afford it anymore. I am hoping to be put on another medicine that is offered through the wal-mart $4 plan. My GP will more than likely give it to me, but there's nothing they can do until Monday. Their answering machine said to go to the ER for emergencies or wait til Monday for an appointment.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Its your call.If you think you can wait then wait.But if you know you will be worse off....maybe that last resort may have to come into action.I so hope you just even out and maybe feel better.....that would be great would'nt it.Thinking of you.xxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks Angel. I'm trying to see if the pharmacy will let me just get just enough pills to last me til Monday. I'm about to call them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Right im sat here with fingers crossed...goodluck.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I feel for you Amanda, I don't know why some Dr's have to be such a-holes. It would seem to me that withholding medication is a violation of some sort of rule or regulation, not to mention the hippocatic oath. I hope you get the meds you need ASAP.

Rob