Thread: New York!!!

Thanks

Smile New York!!!

In a few weeks I'm going to new york for 4 days and just wondered if anyone had any reccomendations of where (and where not) to go. I don't think I can go clubbing or anything because im 19 so looking particularly for stuff to do at night. Also is Queens easy to get to from Manhattan, as thats where my hotel is.

I know this seems a bit random, but theres lots of Americans here and I'm guessing one of you may have been there

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow how fab is that! You have a wonderful time there.Sorry i dont know but someone here will know for sure.Im jealous lol....but you really deserve this holiday...so enjoy.Oh if you want me to carry your suitcases let me know xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi supergiv,

i have been to ny a couple of times, and am in awe of the opportunities that are there. I found that i could get anywhere in a taxi, and even used the trains some, and was able to get around (but had to really concentrate when changing trains).

I loved central park and the museums.....broadway shows are absolutely amazing. everything is fun, but crowded...you just have to be smart and aware of your surroundings.

have a blast, it is an experience that you will probably never forget.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Talking

My daughter lives in Greenwich village (where the TV Friends lived) and we spent a week with her last summer. We got around by subway, which was cheap and fun. I agree that Central Park and the Met are both musts. Times Square is fun. I would suggest that you get on one of the double-decker tour buses. It is fun and informative. I loved the famous Circle Line - the boat that takes you all around the island. We didn't go to the Statue of Liberty, but that is a must for many people.
    The restaurants in Greewich Willage are awesome. We ate in an Ethiopian restaurant that was incredible and a Japanese one called Shabu, Shabu (swish, swish). Two weeks later, we ate in one just like it in Tokyo.
    Just people-watching is great in NYC. There are great little parks on many corners, like Washington Square Park, near my daughter's apartment. There are often entertainers and art displays going on all the time. There are also often street fairs going on in neighborhoods all over the city.
    Have a wonderful time! I felt very safe in NYC and we had all kinds of fun, even with me in a wheelchair.
    Marla

Thanks

WOW!!!! Have a GREAT time!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! My sister went before and just LOVED the broadway shows , same as Phyllis!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette