Thread: How to decline

Thanks

Default How to decline

Hi was hoping some of you that have delt longer with lupus could help.
    This past week/end I have been at 2 social events that were in the day and in the sun, of coarse everybody loves the sun. But how do "I" deal with the lawn chairs in a circle in the sun or being on the patio in the sun, everybody wants to be in the sun.
    I can understand sticking to the shade when there are people standing and waling around but what if everyone is in their chairs in the sun. I can't just move the majority and i don't want to be sitting by myself and neither do I not want to go period so what do you all do?
    thanks Sandra

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome. There are 'stickys' on the forum you need to read.They have all the info on to help you.
    BUT...i would suggest...take a cardigan you can cover up with and a nice hat...wear plenty of total block sunscreen...if you have to go out in the sun. Why should you miss out! Read the 'stickys' but also i bet many other members will come and help you out....so hang in there! If you dont want to go in the sun, can you not tell people about your illness? Will they not understand?
    All the members here will help you....try not to worry.

lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Sombrero and margarita. Huge hat, sunglasses...and sundress with a loose shirt over..and sunblock...and stroll indoors for a break...or just say no if you don't want to go.

Love,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ditto to the responses you have received. Do not deny yourself enjoyable events, but at the same time, do not put yourself at risk. And, if push comes to shove, as Oluwa stated...just say "no". If they ask for a reason, then go ahead and tell them that you have an extreme sensitivity to the sun. You might be surprised to find that they are willing to accommodate you (I've found this to be true at many outdoor events that I've attended).
    In any case, do find a way to do what you enjoy!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusue
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i agree with the others, wear protective clothing, hat and sunglasses. I keep a huge hat in my car just in case. Also, like saysusie said, i have mentioned my sun sensitivity, and people are truly nice and even move to the shade with me....the ones that "don't get it", i don't worry about....it is mind or matter - i don't mind cause they don't matter.

I will be honest, so far this year, i have avoided any situations where i could not easily get out of the sun. Your question made me really face this possibility, and do some pre-planning. Thanks.

I am thinking about getting a really sassy umbrella, and keep that for occassions like what you describe.
    Phyllis

share a smile today