Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Memorial Day....

Thanks

Cool Happy Memorial Day....

Just wanted to wish everybody here at WHL a Happy and Safe MEMORIAL DAY ....

Please remember to include a way to honor ALL OF OUR VETERANS

for their courageous service to their Country. I personally, will be reflecting on the amazing Freedoms we enjoy because of their sacrifice.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday weekend, and be safe!

much Love,

Lori

Thanks

Lori
    Good morning. Thank you for the memorial day wish, praise for all our servicemen & women that put theire(spelling brain cramp?)lives on the line every day so that America can enjoy the freedom that we have. And God bless and comfort those and their families that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation.

could not sleep all night so I thought I would post a couple more pictures, hope you like. Now what do you mean we look mischevious? haha, I guess I can't deny the pic of McKenzie and me.

I made the mistake of not taking sleep med. last night, instead had one glass of wine just to see if that would help sleep, did not work so very much good. Hope this finds you doing well and you have a wonderfull memorial day weekend. God bless, Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Happy memorial Day friends!!!
    I am also honored and amazed by our veterans and the sacrifices they have made. My dad was a Korean War Vet, he passed away when I was 16 but I remember all the things He told me about war, I have shared this with my sisters, they were much younger, and my kids.
    We will visit my son and his wife and the 2 grandkids. Can hardly wait!!! they live a couple hours away and we do not see them much.
    Grace and peace.

Thanks

Red face

Thanks for the support from the military wife on the board:
    Husband - Lieutenant Colonel, USAF
    Son - Marine & Iraq War Veteran
    Son-in-law - Airman, USAF
    Father - US Navy, WWII & Korean Conflict
    Father-in-law - Marine, Korean Conflict
    2 Brothers-in-law - Marines
    1 Brother-in-law - US Navy
    Both of us have a long line of military heroes in our families, going all the way back to the Revolutionary War, so we know what it means to be a military family.
    I feel blessed that my son came back safely from Iraq, and I feel for the mothers and wives of those who did not. Now I worry for my daughter, whose husband is training to be a para-rescuer.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks lori, what a great opportunity for us to remember our brave military personnel and their families. I lost a very good friend in the viet nam war, and your thread caused me to stop and say a private thanks to him and his family for their ultimate sacrifice.

Marla....what a history your family has...thanks to you and every member of your extended family.

To all verterans, this country would not enjoy the freedom that we do if it had not been for each of you. Thank you,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Ditto. Thank you to our servicemen and women and to their families. I am humbled by their sacrifices.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Happy Memorial Day to all of you and those that defend our freedom!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am from a Marine Corps family . . . everyone in my family joined the Marine Corps. My husband is also a retired Marine. I love the USA!!! I am an officer at my local VFW and I want to give a shout out to all of our service men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. To those who gave their lives . . . You did not die in vain. This is the greatest country in the world! Thank you to those people who gave up their lives so that I could live mine freely. Semper Fi
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey there Angie,

My father served in the Marine Corps during the Korean Conflict-once a Marine, always a Marine. Most everyone in my family has, or is serving in one of the branches of the military. My Nephew is in Army Special Forces-the Green Berets. He's at Ft. Bragg training to be a combat surgeon. He just made E-5 Sgt. The Army interns spec-op surgeons at civilian hospitals for real world experience on top of all the training they get from the Army. He's only 22, and has treated gunshot wounds and delivered a baby. Amazing stuff. His next big hurdle is completing the freefall jump course. He's Airborne qualified and has made a ton of low altitude static line jumps-basically you jump at low alititude and the chute opens automatically. To pass the freefall course they have to do what's called a HALO Jump. They jump from 30,000 feet with oxygen and freefall to 1000 feet before they open their chute. Awesome stuff. We're very, very proud of him.

Everyone have a safe weekend, and on Monday, please say a prayer for the families of the fallen.

Rob

Thanks

God Bless the men and women of Our Armed Forces. Memorial Day should not just be one day a year...it should be constant. The sacrifice these people and their families make to protect throngs of people that they will never even meet...it just boggles the mind how selflessly they put themselves in harm's way so that we can be free and safe. As the granddaughter of a man who earned the Bronze Star in WWII, the daughter and daughter-in-law of two distinguished Vietnam veterans, I hold my head high for those who fight today, who fought yesterday, and the heroes of tomorrow.

God Bless America!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."