Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went so see my rheumy today

Thanks

WOO HOO to a FULL 8 hours!!!!! Hope it keeps going well for you!! You're going to be dreaming before you know it!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Well everyone I thank you all for the well wishes! The ultram only helped me for a couple nights and it's not doing a whole lot now. I just called my rheum today so I can talk to him about what to do next. I actually broke down and resigned from my job. I am taking today off and then I will do light duty work for the next few days. Friday will be my last day. I hated the feeling of defeat to this disease but I just can't keep pushing myself so much. It's not making my home life any better. Who wants to put all their energy into their job and then when you get home your family suffers the most. I just decided enough was enough. I'm going to rest a little and then once I start feeling better I'll look for another job.
    Thank you everyone for your support! You all are the best!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi butterflyrn,

so sorry you had to resign from your job...but you are right, now your family can enjoy the energy that you do have, and hopefully your quality of life will improve. Sometimes just the stress of trying to do everything is just more that we can handle. I could not believe the difference it made for me when i finally reduced my professional obligations. Now, if i need a couple of days in bed i don't feel so guilty, and this enables me to get much needed rest.

you have not been defeated...you are taking a break, so that you can regroup and regain your energy. You will change your expectations on yourself, and you will be even better at everything that you do.

Try to rest, don't beat yourself up too much, you will find a new normal.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear that you had to quit you job. But, you are right, taking care of your health and your family are so much more important. I am sure that the immediate relief from stress was felt immediately! I hope that you are able to find a new job that does not aggravate either your symptoms or your emotions.
    Take a minute to just rest your body and your mind. This is not a defeat to the disease, this is a victory for your body!!

I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!