Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went so see my rheumy today

Thanks

Default Went so see my rheumy today

Hi Everyone! I went to see the rheumy today and he is thinking that I might be having a bout of lupus myositis more than fibromyalgia. I have a few trigger points but not many. So I'm going to get my muscle enzymes checked and follow up with him in a month. He increased my prednisone slightly, along with increasing the lyrica dosage and added ultram for me to try at night for the pain! I sure hope that works!!!! I told him that the pain was awful and I pretty much cry every night. I will follow up with him in a week if I am still having pain. I sure hope to get a good nights sleep, which I should get ready for now. Have a great evening everyone!!!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

AWWWWW, so sad to think you would cry every night from the pain. Im so SORRY for your discomfort Have you tried Flexeril? I take 1-2 5mg pills a night and ive NEVER slept better. Between that and my Melatonin it knocks me out! My pain and discomfort subsides at least for a good nights sleep I wish you the best and i hope you sleep well Gentle hugs to youXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi butterflyrn,

i hope you are seelping now and having pleasant dreams....no crying.

I am not familiar with lupus myositis, and look forward to learning more from you. Hope your pain subsides very soon.

take care, and sweet dreams.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I sure hope that you got a good nights sleep and your pain has gotten better.
    Let us know how you are doing.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh i so hope you have a good nights sleep and the increase of meds help you to have much less pain tonight.Hope you have lovely dreams.If you remember them tell me and i'll try and translate them for you...just for fun.Sweet dreams.

lots of love
    Angel.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks everyone! The first night of the increased meds didn't do much, but last night was great. A little discomfort first laying down until I relaxed but then I was out!!! And the great thing was I didn't wake up with a stiff back. I had a full 8 hours of sleep....I haven't had that in 5 months!!! No dreams yet Angel, but I'll let you know if I do!

I will keep you all posted on what I find out!! Luv ya all!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im so happy they worked....you got some good sleep and woke up not stiff.Fab news!!!Dont worry about the dreams....just sleep!!!!

lots of love
    Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi butterflyrn,

i hope you are having a weekend of peaceful sleep, and less pain.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy to hear that you were able to have a full night of sleep and rest! I know how much of a difference that can make (as I suffer from insomnia due to pain et al).
    I do hope that you continue to get many restful nights of sleep and that you never awake with pain again!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was diagnosised with lupus and myositis and i do not have many nights of sleep. Iam on prednisone and plaquinel and was on imuran till it made my blood counts to low. The muscles in my legs thighs and down my buttocks are effected a lot because my husband and i are walkers and i cannot go withoput taking pain meds first but i do not want it to stop me. The muscle i worry about is my heart but so far so good. Hope that you have some relief from your symptoms Bonita