Hello! I'm 25, and looking at being diagnosed with lupus. I haven't been able to see the doctor yet, because of a chronic lack of insurance. But
I've been dealing with a weird grab bag of conditions over the past 18 months or so. Chest pain, shortness of breath, very odd blood pressure, seizures, fainting, exhaustion (fatigue is a wildly inadequate word) and for the last six months, random and frequent rashes along with maddening "rashless" itching. I've never seen the "butterfly rash" on myself, since I don't often have access to a mirror, but I've had others tell me I had it several times. Joint pain, muscle spasms, and inflammation I've always had in plenty, because of congenital gene defect, but the other stuff is new.

Put all together (and Googled), it seems like lupus. It also seems like a thousand other things, from fibro to MS to food allergies (I'm rooting for the last one, myself.) I know how hard it can be to get a diagnosis-- I had to search for thirteen years for the reason behind my primary disability! That's not so bad, for an irrevocable non-life-threatening condition. Not so good, if I actually do have lupus.

I'm hoping that some of you kind folks who've gotten diagnosed can suggest tests or procedures that help pin this down. I have hopes of being on Medicaid soon, and should then be able to afford some testing; but I really don't have the funds to go charging down every blind alley for answers. Any advice will be deeply appreciated, whether on tests or deaing with doctors in general. Thanks so much!

- C